Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

headers

lastnight i was at the gas station by my house i saw a black subaru come in.think it was a type r.

i talked to the guy and askd him what hed done to the car,he said just some headrs from redline and a wastegate gate,(external)

he pulled out and took off and its probly the worst soundung car iv eva heard.it sounded like a honda and mitsi put togther,

just wondering if any one thts running stanless headers has the same shit noise .i plan to use aftermarket headrers but defintly not the staniless ones.

is it possible to get some custom made some were?

Guest S T  E Y E

from what ive seen and herd its not the stainless that makes the noise like a honda...as far as im aware its the fact that the standard manifold is NOT tuned length (ie. 2 cylinders have a significantly longer path than the other 2 cylinders exhaust manifold) resulting in the miss beat...

ive seen and been in a few with TUNED length headers which means all 4 pipes are same length going from head to turbo and they sounds like a frikken honda!!!

oh right..its sounds like crap.and its made me have secound thought about even changing mine,

what kinds on piping can be used other than stanliesss steel

Guest S T  E Y E

haha so u want the shit sound cos of the gains haha...

funny

is there good gains from NON tuned length headers like what RITALN uses his car sounds so mint

S T E Y E said:

haha so u want the s*** sound cos of the gains haha...

funny

is there good gains from NON tuned length headers like what RITALN uses his car sounds so mint

I've got Stainless, non-tuned length extractors on my V4 and it sounds savage from 3,500rpm onwards.

Didn't fit them myself, so can't comment on the power gain associated with swapping the factory manifold for the aftermarket extractors..

sti8u said:

oh right..its sounds like crap.and its made me have secound thought about even changing mine,

what kinds on piping can be used other than stanliesss steel

AFAIK all aftermkt headers are made from stainless.

You will get gains from untuned 4:1 headers and keep most of the subaru snd.

TBH - bang for buck your better keeping the stock headers for quite a while.

They don't have huge gains and the cheap ones tend to fail.

Guest S T  E Y E

yea its normally like that with stainless headers.cracks etc making them leak...

u can get / make steam pipe manifolds..much much stronger

LOL!! u cant stop the car's tone changing when upgrading to extractors. it happens in ALL cars! however..as people already have said in previous topics, Semi-tuned headers still keep the subaru rumble at idle and low rpm..but as the rev's climb the tone starts sounding like a honda. Example: My car (redline), (marc) v6 with unequal but its a quality brand.

and for equal length..the subaru rumble only exists on idle. Example: marcs old setup :P and LYNX

well i think what i said is right lol..but someone will correct me ;D

i have a set of tuned length ones on mine (looks a bit like the pic in the post above) and yea does sound like a honds once u gas the car lol..

compared to the standard - maked for bit more response and better top end pull ..

is it worth the loss of sound?? if u want the performance then its worth it

im already planning to swap it to factory as i can live with less performance sacrifice for the traditional rumble...

Guest S T  E Y E

mine sounds mean as with standard headers but a stainless oversized up pipe and a 3 inch straight through exhaust...got the hearty low down rumble all the way to redline :-) i love the sound...but everyone likes something different yea? each to their own