Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Few Legacy questions...

FST4RD

Hey guys and girls... I'm new here, got told this was the best Subaru forum :)

Went out and bought myself a 1995 Legacy, full factory twin turbo manual one. I always hated subarus, but when i was looking for a station wagon, turbo, factory this was the best option, and I love it! :D Just put a whole years rego on it... so going to be keeping this one!

I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Mine has the 16" BBS alloys that they came factory with and I want to keep them. Can you fit the 4 pot front and the 2 pot rear subaru Calipers under them? If so what do I need to fit them, if not is there another option? (going to use the car at track days)

Kings or Cobras? I have been offered both, brand new, although what are peoples opinions?

WRX seats, from what I have read, pre 2000 WRX front seats bolt straight up? Am I correct?

Last one... Front strut brace... what models will bolt up? sedan/wagons?

Thanks heaps!

Guest S T  E Y E

hey mate

kings are stiffer in the cars ive had with kings / cobras...u can get progressive rate in both items though i think kings have a higher spring rate

Im not sure about the brakes under the rims u might just have to try it lol

all you need it the brake rotors and the callipers and they bolt straight on...oh and some nice new good brake pads :)

ive put wrx seats into a legacy RS before

2x of the 4 bolts went straight in..had to simply drill 2x holes in the rails (actuallly i cant remember if u drill the seat or the rails)

but its defonatly very aparent and easy to see once u try fit the wrx seats to the RS rails etc...its not hard at all bro but u do remove the bull crap mechanisms from the rs rails so its just a back/forth operation if u get what i mean??

im not sure if gc8 strut braces fit i havent tried someone will be able to tell u tho...for a track car a rear strut brace is more benefit than a front....

FST4RD said:

Went out and bought myself a 1995 Legacy, full factory twin turbo manual one. I always hated subarus, but when i was looking for a station wagon, turbo, factory this was the best option, and I love it! :D Just put a whole years rego on it... so going to be keeping this one!

Mine has the 16" BBS alloys that they came factory with and I want to keep them. Can you fit the 4 pot front and the 2 pot rear subaru Calipers under them? If so what do I need to fit them, if not is there another option? (going to use the car at track days)

Kings or Cobras? I have been offered both, brand new, although what are peoples opinions?

WRX seats, from what I have read, pre 2000 WRX front seats bolt straight up? Am I correct?

Thanks heaps!

Won't be able to fit the 4pot's under the current wheels. Cheapest / easiest option is to get V7/V8 STI rims (look in parts for sale, someone is selling a set with near new MY01's for cheap!)

Go Kings in terms of springs..

Any WRX / STI seats UP TO V7 will bolt straight in - just swap over your current seat rails and seat belt brackets and they'll bolt straight in.

In terms of strut braces - anything (sedan or wagon) up to V7 will fit it, I believe?

I have a carbon strut brace from a V3 STI and front seats from a V2 STI fitted to my 1995 BG5 GT Wagon at the moment.. Will be at the car fair on Sunday (Ellerslie) - if anyone is keen on the car but wants it a bit cheaper, would you be interested in swapping front seats and buying the strut brace off me? Might work out nicely, actually..

Guest S T  E Y E
 gmeago']

[quote name='FST4RD said:

Thanks heaps!

/quote]

Won't be able to fit the 4pot's under the current wheels. Cheapest / easiest option is to get V7/V8 STI rims (look in parts for sale, someone is selling a set with near new MY01's for cheap!)

Go Kings in terms of springs..

Any WRX / STI seats UP TO V7 will bolt straight in - just swap over your current seat rails and seat belt brackets and they'll bolt straight in.

In terms of strut braces - anything (sedan or wagon) up to V7 will fit it, I believe?

I have a carbon strut brace from a V3 STI and front seats from a V2 STI fitted to my 1995 BG5 GT Wagon at the moment.. Will be at the car fair on Sunday (Ellerslie) - if anyone is keen on the car but wants it a bit cheaper, would you be interested in swapping front seats and buying the strut brace off me? Might work out nicely, actually..

my mrs had a 89 rs and i fitted my v2 wrx seats into it...they wouldnt bolt straight into the rails had to drill 2x holes??... the RS had the rails that the seat could adjust the bum up and down?? maybe those rails are different??

someone should swap my candy red ADJUSTABLE strut brace for one of those standard sti braces...hmmmmmmmmmm

Guest S T  E Y E

ahh yes... i allways get my legacy models mixed up lol!! sorry bout that

i do like the 89 RS though...if i didnt have a v3 wagon id have a 89 RS

Thanks for the quick replys!

Pity about the brakes... is there any other option whist keeping the BBS alloys? Maybe better brake pads so less fading, better brake fluid etc?

Good to know about the seats and braces.

Also I can get king springs for $170 an end for the lows, hopefully this is a good price?

Thanks guys

FST4RD said:

Pity about the brakes... is there any other option whist keeping the BBS alloys? Maybe better brake pads so less fading, better brake fluid etc?

Also I can get king springs for $170 an end for the lows, hopefully this is a good price?

Thanks guys

Im not completely sure what brakes the Gen 2 legacy got, but you may be able to upgrade to the gen 3 brakes?

Increase in rotor size will see more improvement in braking than calipers will anyway. What size are the rotors?

BigWillieStyles']

[quote name='FST4RD said:

Thanks guys

/quote]

Im not completely sure what brakes the Gen 2 legacy got, but you may be able to upgrade to the gen 3 brakes?

Increase in rotor size will see more improvement in braking than calipers will anyway. What size are the rotors?

I'm not to sure to be honest. Although I did see a WRX station wagon yesterday that had 4 pot fronts under 16" rims. Is this something to do with the type of wheel perhaps that won't allow me to fit them under the 16" BBS?

and yeap they should go straight in your bg5 as well, the only car I have had the same generation as yours was a bd5 rs and thats the only car I never put wrx seats into, but thats the beauty of subarus, they are like lego, pretty much everything is interchangeable between models