Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HKS EIDS ???

WRXONP

hey anyone here ever run a HKS EIDS (electronic idle stabilizer)

apparently the function of it is to intercept the maf signal wire and to "buffer" fluctuations in the signal to smooth out the signal to provide a perfect idle?

anyone done this or seen a car with one?

I have seen a lot of cars from stock to fairly moded and almost all health idle

As said above it may be able to mask some issues

I think they Are more for ppl who put turbo systems on non turbo cars

I have a mate who has a primera where he adds a turbo and it has fairly bad idle

Maybe Its for thT kinda cars

Hopefully ur bov not leaking or any leaks as my old v3 had china bov and had bad idle as was leaking bloody thing

I put on a proper one and its idle got normal

Maybe try anothe Maf just n case it is a Maf issue

A few v3/4 Sti around Auckland area lol

Well im pretty sure its not the MAF ae.my old maf did the exact same thing before it crapd out and the Maf I got was recently reconditiond and it does the exact same thing. Went leak hunting and I think I have a few small leaks . . . Am fixing them asap and will see if it fixes the idle

so today i got a properly sized peice of steel to block the BOV plumback port properly and also got my intercooler pipe tig welded up...after this it seems to idle alot better...still has a slight lumpy idle when revs suddenly drop in neutral but now it only does this for a second or so then comes right...theres still a few potential leaks i know of...am going to get these sorted asap and im pretty sure it will solve the problem for good!!!

where do i get a iacv gasket from?? only subaru?

It would seem I have purely jinxed it ha. it stil does it but it wil only do it once its ben up2 temp for a while..wil fix my other potential leaks and the iacv.But if that not the case ill try get a brand new maf next week . Pretty pisd if it is the maf as i paid 180 for it and its done ths since i got it. but so did the old maf i had. but on that note. when at 100kph wich is very light throtle it feels like it puls the timing? like it feals a litl bit jerky also undr lite throtle at lower speed also