Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stolen: Sub-a-roo track car (club sponser)

nztintin

Unfortunately another highly modified and much admired vehicle on the NZ performance car scene has been stolen. This time it's a 1998 Subaru Impreza STI Coupe finished in matt black with chrome and pink sign-writing all over reading Sub-A-Roo.

The vehicle was stolen from it's owners at Sub-A-Roo Auto Spares on Duke Street in Hamilton l...ast Thursday (17 Feb) at around 4pm. It was last seen heading north on Greenwood Street.

The Subaru has a 3/4 roll cage, black and grey recaro seats with harness' and is stripped out for track racing. It's missing its front bumper but has a rear bumper with a WRC wing and the number plate RXYSTI. It's riding on gold Version 8 STI 17" rims and race tyres.

The vehicle is of huge value to the owners of Sub-A-Roo Auto Spares and has had hours of work spent on it by the staff there. If you have any information, or think you may have seen it or even know who took it then do the right thing and get in contact with Sub-A-Roo Spares by calling 027 408 5639 or by emailing [email protected].

There is a cash reward for the vehicles return and any information.

th_175049_10150091616083443_15570403442_

Guest Black aRSe
 nztintin said:

yeah but it was pretty opportunistic, taken at 4pm from outside the shop while they were open.

key inside?? or no alarm?? sounds like they definitely knew what they were doing

Black aRSe']

[quote name='nztintin said:

yeah but it was pretty opportunistic, taken at 4pm from outside the shop while they were open.

/quote]

key inside?? or no alarm?? sounds like they definitely knew what they were doing

yeah i can't really comment on the how, it could be just opportunistic, or could be planned, lets hope it was just someone who took the opportunity and the car will be found.

I was in the shop a couple days ago and they all seem really gutted.

legacy666 said:

Note to all dirt bag car theives in Hamilton: If I catch you stealing any car, Im prepared to defend an assault, manslaughter or murder charge.

I like your thinking mate ! It wouldnt surprise me if these dicks who took it were the same ones who took my car, Sub a roo isnt far from where I live either. Any unique bits under the bonnet, etc that could be onsold to watch out for ? Fuck I hate thieves !! >:(

• General Member
 nztintin said:

Oh yeah I misread it a little, i thought it was stolen at night and seen at 4PM by someone. Kind of took it for granted a car like that wouldn't get stolen during the day.

Ballsy bastards, I hope someone catches them and deals with them oldschool...

was there yesterday, its already 8 days ago now so chances arent to big anymore theyll catch them :( I have to visit them today again for some more parts, Ill ask if theres any special parts on the car so maybe someone will spot it if they turn up on trademe... :-[

I was back a subaroo today and had a chat with Mark to see if there where any very recognisable parts on the car, It had a set of lamco gauges and a lamco boost gauge (not seen often) in the car (not installed) its also had a red set of racing adjusties in the boot (he didnt know the brand). The car had bucket seats (recarros) and a cusco bolt in cage :( car was on v7 wheels with track tyres like in the picture, it didnt have the carbon fibre bonet on anymore, instead it just had a black facelift bonnet on. It has a 22b replica spoiler, there werent really any special parts under the bonnet appart from a hks bov so sadly thats not gonna help :( He didnt know what suspention it was running at the moment either. However the mat black pannels are not often seen on wrxs so if you spot some on trademe or some of the other parts please contact subaroo... I realise that its not a very good help but every bit helps :-\

gutted to hear

there over the back from my work i'll have to go see mark at some point i haven't been in there for a while as i haven't had any money to spend lately.

Also i don't think it was a genuine type r i think it was a non turbo coupe that they just made turbo as it was a light weight one and was cheap at the time i remember dwayno telling me