Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

VF23 vs TDO5

lol yeh 200 kw but hes done most thing aparnt from a link and split rails.

my subaru would have made close to 200kw on 17 18psi.but it only ran at 7.4psi.

i would say probly 220 hel be maxing out his ecu soon.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sti8u said:

lol yeh 200 kw but hes done most thing aparnt from a link and split rails.

my subaru would have made close to 200kw on 17 18psi.but it only ran at 7.4psi.

i would say probly 220 hel be maxing out his ecu soon.

yea man... that be the one to see cos he has gone all out and kinda proving what the stock ecu can do..

good on him!!!

Im pretty definite ill get over 210kw . I was only holding 15 pound and got 200 :P the mods ive done have made a huge difference . . . . Pretty sure what I get will be all you can squeeze from a vf23 . . And ill have split rails this weekend if weather allows me to fit them

Easiest way to figure out what you want is to plot your engine against the compressor maps for the turbos you're looking at. That's how I decided on my turbo. I have a multi-layered Photoshop file in which I've scaled all the compressor maps the same, plotted my engine's airflow in 500RPM intervals, and chosen the smallest turbo that will blow air efficiently up to redline. Found that a VF22 would spool a little faster and give me great mid range, but would run out of puff by 7000RPM. PM me if you want a copy of the file, but you'll have to do some recalculating to make it relevant to your engine.

WRXONP said:

Im pretty definite ill get over 210kw . I was only holding 15 pound and got 200 :P the mods ive done have made a huge difference . . . . Pretty sure what I get will be all you can squeeze from a vf23 . . And ill have split rails this weekend if weather allows me to fit them

you won't max out a vf23 without atleast 550cc injectors and a tuned ecu

pappu said:

sultan - does that mean in ur setup the vf23 had a more linear power delivery as opposed to bulging mid range and drop off at top end that it normally does?

cos normally the vf 23 and infact other vf like 24 and 28 and others all have a sharp mid range and feel puffed out on the top end...

well thats normally what all the vf do but be great to knwo how u managed to get the vf23 to hold up in the top - external WG setup or internal bro?

i'd say it's more of a feature of the factory heads and computer that would give this effect rather than the properties of the turbo. keeping the power at 206kw and increasing the midrange torque was afterall how they got cars to be quicker year on year without breaking the gentlemans agreement. on a factory setup i don't imagine a vf23 would be lacking the top end power, i imagine a vf22 for example would be lacking the midrange push, but be making the same peak power. it's only when you eliminate the things like the computer and such that the true characteristics of the turbo can come out. a vf23 does not feel like it drops off after the initial torque push on a tuned car. when two turbos are compared side by side pushed to their limits are when the true differences come out, i.e the slightly bigger vf22 making more peak power compared to the 23.

but who cares....these are very small turbos with similar properties at the end of the day

sultan']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

/quote]

you won't max out a vf23 without atleast 550cc injectors and a tuned ecu

:o

550cc inj should give 240-250kww - have seen a few engines with 550cc inj do round the 240-250kww

hmmm ...... ???

aint that a lot for a vf23 to be pushing...

unless u running the 550cc inj to like 70% only or really really rich as...

there is not comparison between a tune ecu and standard ecu when u guys talking aboutturbo maxing out especial the vf22.. i never had any problem with my old VF22 when it was on a tune ecu. on the standard it feels really gutless but once it kicks it.. wins

the vf23 is the best all round turbo, you cant compare this to a TD05.. you can only compare the TD05 with the VF22.. they all good turbo

what is it that you want from your car? i dont believe there is much gain or much advantage of any of these turbo... overall if its my choice now would be TD05 cause i do like the top end in those, the vf22 spools up just a little faster... but whoopy-doo fuck all.. put your car on the track or at the lights thats the best to see what comes out best....

GT35 with AVCS EJ25 NOS and water/meth injections tuned on a G4 Extrems.. with a MEG towing it

Lol if you say so bro . I pulled 199 at perfect power which every one says reads lower (same cars had less kw there with same mods) . . . I think ill do it quite easily. . . I dont really care to be honest but I know its possible even if you say its not

no... my heads were ported and the cams reground, it was a great combo. my car "only got" what it did because the ignition timing was advanced as far as it could go without detonation, and the injectors pushed as far within allowable tolerance of 95% duty, therefore boost limited to 16/17psi to match.

there's a reason i've been running 200-240kw on a non-sti short block for 5 years without it going bang. it's called doing things properly.