Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GC8 weight ideal and some questions

Tony']

No havent angl grinded anything too scared to as i still want it road legal, i am looking at side ext for exhaust but not sure it will be allowed on the road. I do need a diet i should probably lose 10kg myself. Most of the unecessary wiring has been removed.

The exhaust outlet CAN NOT be any closer than 200mm from an opening (door/window) if u can get the side exhaust further away than that then all good( like is it a coupe)

But isnt it ok in a 4 door (caged race car) as it should now be re-registered (or whatever you have to do) as a 2 seater since the rear seats etc are no longer used therefore you can have your exhaust exiting just before the rear wheel. Thats where mine is anyway, and I have no issues with getting a WOF.

[quote name='Munkvy said:

Remove mufflers from your exhaust (real race cars don't need mufflers after all!) and shorten it to a side exit.

/quote]

With the factory cast headers I had no mufflers at all in my exhaust - full 3 inch to side exit, and it was fine - I never got told off at the track for being over the DB limit, but it was possibly a little too loud for street driving, but in saying that I had driven past a few cops and they never did anything?

When I changed to my new headers which are full equal length, the car was crazy loud! Had a horrible sharp bark to it and had to fit a bullet muffler/resonator thing in the middle of my exhaust - that took away the bark and now the car is probably quieter than a lot of other Subarus I hear driving around!

But it is noticibly louder inside the car with a side exit (and no interior).

Car is a 4 door and I have told the transport peeps that it is now a 2 door and I will be getting lvv for it so sounds like side exit is feesable then, awsome I love the look of side exit and will help in saving a lttle weight.

Tony, do you have single exit on your car? and it can be used on track and road?

ballsrburning said:

Car is a 4 door and I have told the transport peeps that it is now a 2 door and I will be getting lvv for it so sounds like side exit is feesable then, awsome I love the look of side exit and will help in saving a lttle weight.

Tony, do you have single exit on your car? and it can be used on track and road?

Mine is 3 inch stainless then the exit splits into 2 x 2.5 inch stainless tips.

A 3 inch tube sat too low where it comes out under the sill so the 2 x 2.5s gives more clearance. Can take some pics for you if you want to see what its like...

My car is a road legal race car, though its pretty much on the edge of being road legal - I dont drive it around all the time, just over to thetrack for local events, or down the road to get a wheel alignment etc...

Tony']

[quote name='ballsrburning said:

/quote]

Mine is 3 inch stainless then the exit splits into 2 x 2.5 inch stainless tips.

A 3 inch tube sat too low where it comes out under the sill so the 2 x 2.5s gives more clearance. Can take some pics for you if you want to see what its like...

My car is a road legal race car, though its pretty much on the edge of being road legal - I dont drive it around all the time, just over to thetrack for local events, or down the road to get a wheel alignment etc...

Cool, sounds like my car then with regards to the road use, well sort of mine is pretty comfartable road legal with lvv plate, when I get it.

Yeah a photo would be great, do the 2 exhausts exit one side or split to go one pipe on each side of the car?

ballsrburning said:

Cool, sounds like my car then with regards to the road use, well sort of mine is pretty comfartable road legal with lvv plate, when I get it.

Yeah a photo would be great, do the 2 exhausts exit one side or split to go one pipe on each side of the car?

They exit on the same side - I got a 3 inch splitter which you can get from most exhaust shops (pitstop etc) which is 3 inch at one and and is flared out at the other to allow the 2 x 2.5 pipes to be welded in.

Will try and take some pics for you tonight and post them up :)

Tony']

/quote]

They exit on the same side - I got a 3 inch splitter which you can get from most exhaust shops (pitstop etc) which is 3 inch at one and and is flared out at the other to allow the 2 x 2.5 pipes to be welded in.

Will try and take some pics for you tonight and post them up :)

cool ,lookinG foward to seeing them.

Tony']

cool ,lookinG foward to seeing them.

/quote]

Not really much to see, but you get the idea:

DSC07849.jpg

cool i like the look.

BOON i have a fgk japanese exhaust which i love so don't really want to get rid of it. I will look into how much weight it could save though.