Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Would anyone have any idea on how much this is worth??

I am thinking of selling a 1979 1600dl in relatively good condition, WOF & REG, no rust or repair work, a few minor dents, interior is pretty good too, runs ok, bit rattly on startup. Heres a few pics:

image-2b7d062305264f30452507042155300a05

Let me know what you think :D

Guest boostcut

its funny how similar they look to the ke25 corollas etc... id say at least 2500.. to a collector.. scrap to anyone else.. wouldnt be many of these old girls around.

boostcut said:

its funny how similar they look to the ke25 corollas etc... id say at least 2500.. to a collector.. scrap to anyone else.. wouldnt be many of these old girls around.

I would even doubt if you could get that. If you found the right guy then maybe.

They are pretty rare. rust has got most of the 1600 shape, They seem to rust a bit more than the 1400 for a reason i do not really know of ???.

so by the looks of things it would have been garaged alot of the time. Which is a good thing :)

It should be a 5spd so should give slightly better fuel eccommony

Unfortunately it is just a 4 speed, front wheel drive, but it is in unbelievably good condition for a car of it's era. And the paint is factory original and even still shines. The only real downside on the outside is that someone tried to touch up the boot with a spray can and as such is quite dull. It is a great car to drive and handles quite well, just i have to use it as my daily runner and am afraid of having an accident in it and ruining it. I would prefer it go to someone who would garage it and maybe even restore it to mint condition.

Old Skool Subbie said:

Its hard to say whats its worth.

It looks to be in pretty good condition

Sadley the older subaru stuff isnt worth as much as a Toyota/Datsun of the same age.

Did you have it for sale on Trademe early this year?

If it was the ute verson of the 1600 shape it be worth alot more.

Yes i did have it for sale on Trademe earlier this year. It didn't sell for what i believe it is worth, and i know how hard it is to get a car in this condition of this age. It really is practically rust free and definately has no repair work done to it except the poor paint job on the boot lid, so no filler at all.

boostcut said:

Yep there can't be many. It is the only one i have ever seen, and only a handful of the people i know have ever seen one :)