• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Exhaust, IC and Tune?

Phewsion

Hi All,

Just bought a 2003 Subaru Legacy (BP) GTB and it had these mufflers on it

DSC05738--Small--dx8Z69bz-ixs0GJAf.JPG

I got told to do 3 things on this car atleast, New IC, Exhaust and get it Tuned

Not sure if the entire exhaust was done by the guy in Japan, but if it hasn't where in Auckland can I sort the rest of the exhaust I'd like to keep those mufflers on it,

Also would an STI/WRX Top mount be direct bolt on to these engines as they seem to be more of a square shape not rectangle,

Lotsa threads on tuning so I can figure that out (Apparently the ecus in these are flashable)

Any advice appreciated :)

Thanks

Would it directly bolt on or require some fiddling around?

Keep the mufflers, they are rare and worth decent $$. Some of the best sounding ones out there for subarus IMO

I plan to keep the mufflers, but untill I can get under it I am unsure if the guy did it all the way back from the turbo or just changed the mufflers, I keep hearing about Pit Stop being good at doing custom jobs, so might look to them

[quote name='GC8E2DD said:

This may interest you: url]http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,25557.0.html[/url]

He looked to be making good progress.

Yeh I've been watching that thread, Waiting on finished product :P

Jord said:

Those are factory optioned mufflers. The rest of the the exhaust will most likely be stock as well.

Ahhh okay, I assume they are bolted on to the rest of the pipe? So I could just replace from the Turbo back to Muffler then, Might head to Pit Stop tomorrow, unsure

or

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-424947556.htm

Contacted Subtech regarding the front exhaust pipe hopefully going to get it installed next week

Have also ordered Zerosports Air Intake Pipe, Radiator Cooling Panel and a Rad Cap (Just for fun) from 41

AVS S5 Alarm is installed, getting a Blackhawk GPS Unit installed next wednesday, Rapidradio are putting in a band expander for me on Saturday coz I wanna keep the McIntosh HU

After that I'll work on a CarPC, Probably use http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=WKSPB3205&name=PB-3205-Ultra-Small-Shuttle-Box-Intel-Dual-core-E6 As my CarPC then all I gotta do is find a 7" touch screen that has either dvi or hdmi inputs.

Pitstop quoted me $540 for the mid pipe thingy :P

He even rang his supplier and they don't make them for my car so he was gonna get in a 83-94 one and modify it or something

Worst case I'll just stick with the front pipe from Subtech and sort out the rest later

Phewsion said:

He even rang his supplier and they don't make them for my car so he was gonna get in a 83-94 one and modify it or something

Worst case I'll just stick with the front pipe from Subtech and sort out the rest later

Can subtech not do the mid pipe aswell?

Phewsion said:

its the Y pipe at the back thats killing you $ wise with the mid pipe, a early one will require quite alot of mod to fit nicely..

ADIKT']

[quote name='Phewsion said:

/quote]

Can subtech not do the mid pipe aswell?

I was gonna ask them when I went in to pick up down pipe, According to their website they only fabricate the down pipe as it has the most performance increase or something :S

Phewsion said:

Yeh apparently he was just gonna cut it off where the Y pipe joins in to 1 pipe, and weld a new mid pipe on to the end that bolts up to Down pipe from TM Auction

$540 for that lol????

Yeah downpipe will give the most increse due to flow from removal of the cat converter and extra flow from a nice wastegate entry... not hitting a flat flange then making its way out the tail pipe!