Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

funny occasional boosting problems

johndoe1003

ok, i got my 96 rs twin turbo, with frontmount and aftermarket blowoff valve.

SOMETIMES (usually hot) under very light throttle, just about to come on boost, the car splutters and loses power, runs rich (can see black smoke from exhaust) then takes off and is sweet. this only happens as its about to come on boost on the primary turbo. happend the other day, got really bad on the motorway so i pulled over to inspect all my hoses.

seemed ok. so i went to take off, and it ran like absolute ****e, then died at 4 grand, so i grabbed 2nd and floored it, same thing, 4 grand power cut. then got third and it died, so i got off the gas and tried again, then it took off and didnt have another problem the whole trip. yes i will check for codes tomorrow, it didnt have any last time i checked bout a month ago, anyone got any ideas what this problem is?

to me it sounds like an air leak after the turbos or the afm or even some of the symptoms of code 66? just looking for a second or third opinion :P from people that have a bit more experience with these cars then me haha

Guest boostcut

is your blow off valve leaking maybe??? when i got my car the valve seat was loose in the housing and caused it to slip sideways and then it ran like ass. but now that ive glued it in its fine... just a thourght. my bov is a hks ssqv. the older style with the 2 piece seat and body

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies