Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Apexi Power FC woes

Ninja8)

Hi all. Got myself an Apexi Power FC ECU for my V3 STI and when plugged in along with the handcontroller.. Handcontroller isnt getting any readings from my TPS, MAP and Coolant Temp Sensor therefore idles high and CEL comes on straight away. :( :(

According to Soichi at ST HiTech, My coolant temp sensor is the wrong type to suit the Power FC so the question here is: Has anyone ever used a Power FC and had the same situation? OR knows exactly what type of coolant temp sensor i need to suit the Power FC

I have replaced my MAP and TPS sensor so will see what the hand controller says tomorrow at ST HITECH.

Thanks all :)

HKSREX said:

Soichi should be able to sort it out for ya :) My mate had his Type R STi tuned to 200kw atw using power FC, Soichi did the tune and it was awesome. Speed pick up was insane for 200kw atw.

my old type r was tuned by soichi using a powerfc tuned to 227kw atw...

HKSREX said:

Soichi should be able to sort it out for ya :) My mate had his Type R STi tuned to 200kw atw using power FC, Soichi did the tune and it was awesome. Speed pick up was insane for 200kw atw.

Im not doubting the fact that hes a good tuner. He has no clue on what water temp sensor is suitable for the power fc. If it was a skyline he would know he said. Bascially just trying to see if anyone here has ever came across their power fc not getting a reading from the sensors i mentioned above.

HKSREX']

[quote name='HKSREX said:

/quote]

thats good man, what turbo? my friend had VF28 I believe it was.

I\'ll ask him ninja about the sensor and get back to you. cheers

vf30. With all supporting mods. Was very nice to drive. With brutal accel

HKSREX']

[quote name='HKSREX said:

/quote]

Thanks mate. Will update tomorrow after my visit to soichi

thats good man, what turbo? my friend had VF28 I believe it was.

I\'ll ask him ninja about the sensor and get back to you. cheers

evowrx said:

Tried to book a tune all booked up till 18th. >:(

Yeah tell me about it!

Well i have tried the apexi power fc on another V3 and water temp on the cluster doesnt rise to HOT (mine does when power fc plugged in) however CEL is still on.

Somethings up! Someone sell me a hand controller