Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Removing radio in a 99 B4

hi guys, i am having trouble at removing my standard radio in my 99 subaru legacy B4, i have got the trim around the air con radio etc all poped off about from at the bottom, which its not popping off, do i need to remove some screws or something, or just just brut force???

thanks

Theres two screwso n the top side of the ashtray which you unscrew from the underside. If that makes sense. You will need a stubby phillips screwdriver to remove then it pops off the two clips at the top. The drink holder will come with it. May help having a small flat head screwdriver to ease one side off first.

if you follow the instructions in that link, but still find the bottom doesn't want to come out, DON'T WORRY! had this problem too, checked over the instructions, but felt sure i was going to break it by pulling harder. use a flathead screwdriver, or ideally a trim tool (if you have one) and pry it out, slowly, and it will come.

Swindog said:

Theres two screwso n the top side of the ashtray which you unscrew from the underside. If that makes sense. You will need a stubby phillips screwdriver to remove then it pops off the two clips at the top. The drink holder will come with it. May help having a small flat head screwdriver to ease one side off first.

the ones on the underside of the ashtray are hiddin little buggas hahaha

were abouts are u? if you still havnt found them some one local on here may be able to give u a hand

edit: my dash is in bits in the garage.... will try see if theres good light to take a photo of the possition of these screws

Image0043.jpg

-smurff

thanks for that, it was the ones under the ash tray lol. little shits they were hahahaha.

today is doing my rear door speakers, anyone know where to head for info on doing them

hahaha, shall i take more photos for the doors hahaha, theres a screw hidden behind the window up down switch. u have to pop out the switch to get to it. then theres the one in the handle, and one in the door opener, also have to pop off teh little bit of trim round the door opener. will take a pic soon and post it lol

DSCN4789.jpg

there are 3 screws, one behinde the little cover on the left, one behind the little little cover in the centre of the door opener and the 3rd behind the window switch

DSCN4790.jpg

pop out the window switch and you shall see the screw.

DSCN4791.jpg

also need to pop off this bit of trim, its held on at the top and bottom with little clip things, i just used a flat blade screwdriver to pop it off.

once this is done, u will have to gently pry the panel away from the door starting from the bottom, as there are clips around the door, the shud pop out nice and easy.

when its all lose it shud just slip up and off.

this will then reveal the speaker etc.

-smurff