Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wheel Refinish Project (COMPLETE !!!)

Been meaning to either get aftermarket wheels or refinish the factory ones. Decided to redo the factory 18".

$150 all up and 1 weekend worth of work (prep, primer, base + clear). Colour is Landrover Pewter Metallic, used De Beer 1K paints custom mixed into ColourPak cans.

Very happy with results.

FInished result

DSC02707_zps64e43c6f.jpg

DSC02704_zps680876c6.jpg

how they look on car

DSC02700_zps76be2321.jpg

Before the recolour

DSC02551_zpse5ae4042.jpg

Perfect - been meaning to do the same with mine but time/motivation lacking, good job man

Colour is almost bang on what I\'m wanting too - I\'ve heard you can get the "shadowchrome" type stuff in can form as well?

Marky said:

Perfect - been meaning to do the same with mine but time/motivation lacking, good job man

Colour is almost bang on what I\'m wanting too - I\'ve heard you can get the "shadowchrome" type stuff in can form as well?

Wouldnt get shadow chrome in a can, its a multi coat system to get that effect, also hard to colour match \ repair.

Definately better and easier to go for a single base coat metallic with a clear over the top.

ADIKT said:

Nice colour. I like it.

Did you gain 10kw when you painted brakes? or did you get the 25kw version?

LOL nah the GCP Tune and Subtech pipe did a better job at upping the power.

Ive always painted my calipers in Black to keep them tidy, but had some VHT Anodised (2 coat system) that was 250 deg C rated. Came out close to the factory paint in colour and looks nice behind the dark wheels.

All about looking straight and tidy.

Heylin']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Nice colour. I like it.

Did you gain 10kw when you painted brakes? or did you get the 25kw version?

/quote]

LOL nah the GCP Tune and Subtech pipe did a better job at upping the power.

Ive always painted my calipers in Black to keep them tidy, but had some VHT Anodised (2 coat system) that was 250 deg C rated. Came out close to the factory paint in colour and looks nice behind the dark wheels.

All about looking straight and tidy.

Car does look good :)