Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V5-6 Wasted spark wiring

GC82GO

Hi all, just in the process of putting a v5 motor into my rwd Wrx which is a ver 3. Is anyone able to tell me which wires need to be paired together at the igniter plug as I won't need to run the v3 ignitor.

mhsRiz.jpg

Hz4In7.jpg

Thanks

Sorry not quite what i thought just saw a pic of an ignitor and a pic that looked like v5 pack. Was looking at something unrelated so didnt pay much attention sorry.

ReubenH said:
5.1 ECU.

The reason i said in the beginning, that this thread was for EJ20R legacy's only, is mainly because of this; the ECU wiring. You need only solder 4 wires, and you're done! Auto's have a single plug ECU that isn't compatible with any STi ECU, so you're buggered there. My official line on it is you should have got a bloody manual you pansy! Ha ha ;D (Just kidding, auto's are great.. i really mean it ::)) I am also unsure on the ECU's for the Manual EJ20H drivers... And BH/BE drivers. But what i have found out is the 4-plug EJ20H's are somewhat compatible with the 4Plug EJ20G's. I have posted a pinout for you guy's at the bottom of this thread. BE/BH drivers, V5/6 STi ECU's for the EJ208's, i have not seen pinouts for either, so up to you to research that one. But it has been done!

Anyway, the wiring for EJ20R drivers:

Wire A9 (loom) into A10 (ECU). Wire A22 and A23 (loom) into A9 (ECU). Ground B18 (ECU).

Swap A19 with A3 <- makes V3/4 ECU talk to the correct boost control solenoid.

And the not so technical drawing of the above description for us simple minded folk.

conversion18-new.jpg

It's that easy.

If you compare the links below, you'll quickly find out V3's and 4's Just use a EJ20R loom! All the TT bits are blanks on the V3/4 ECU's.

here's some documents to back everything up

V3/4, Plug B137. Courtesy of http://www.northursalia.com/

V3/4, Plug B136 and B135. Courtesy of http://www.northursalia.com/

Twin turbo 3 plug pinout. Courtesy of UK Twin Turbo Legacy Register

5.2 Coil Pack Mod.

Hokay, quick addition to the conversion how too. I've been asked to do a write up on the coil pack mod, to rid ones self of the coil on plug system, and go to the sexy, cheap, and reliable coil pack system.

Eaaasssyyyy. You will need a Coil pack and leads off any Version 3 or 4 impreza, or N/A BG/BD. A matching 5 pin ignitor, and some additional wires and some actual loom stuff. Refer to the pictures to see what these look like!

For the wiring, I just spliced into the engine loom to get my power and ground, and 2 ignition signals. For the power, I think I just stole the 12v supply that goes to the coil packs, makes enough sense. And for the ground, there's a general ground wire you can tap into. Again, the pictures show which wires I used clearly. Then from there I just made a new branch off from the loom with some wires I had lying around, dedicated to the coil pack and ignitor. It's very strait forward! I think i'll let the pics and wiring diagram do the rest of the work for me.

Coilpack1.jpg

Coilpack2.jpg

Coilpack3.jpg

Coilpack4.jpg

Coilpack5.jpg

CoilpackConversionEJ20R.jpg

So your using a V5/6 engine loom and V5/6 coil pack with a built in ignitor, with a 4 wire coil loom plug. Then repining the V3 ECU end to suit a V5/6 ECU.

But your V3 external ignitor was a 5 wire plug mounted to the strut tower. With 3 engine loom wires feeding the V3 coil pack.

I think this is it:

- Cut off your V3 ignitor plug.

- Join the yellow/green wire to the red/green wire. (IB1-OC1) Cy1 1&2

- Join the green/white wire to the blue wire. (IB2-OC2) Cyl 3&4

- Connect the black wire to earth on strut tower, or just tape up. (G)

- Your V3 ignitor should now be bypassed.

If your keeping the V3 ECU (the V5/6 IACV wont work). You might need to run:

- 12v power to V5/6 coil pack black wire.

- Earth to V5/6 coil pack blue/black wire.

- V5/6 coil pack red/yellow is cyl 1&2

- V5/6 coil pack blue is cyl 3&4