Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Auto to Manual conversion - 99 Legacy b4 - ECU AT/MT Identification

hack0r99

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to locate the ECU AT/MT Identification pin on a 99 Legacy b4 BE5

I've converted the car from auto to manual, with the only problem left the computer thinking its auto. I've put a manual computer in it, but I'm still getting auto error codes grr.

This matches my ecu, but doesnt help me locate the pin.

http://www.brdevelopments.com/docs/M...U%20pinout.pdf

Plugs

134-Blue/135-Grey/136-Black

Any one know the answer? or have a full service manual for it?

Thanks,

Rosssub said:
Don't think it has one. The matching version 5/6 WRX/STI ECU pinout shows it as B135/4, which would be B135/28 on the TT ECU pinout. But no designated MT/AT identification pin on the Legacy.

http://www.brdevelopments.com/docs/MY99ecu.pdf

What codes are you getting? Possibly from the auto TCU if it hasn't been ripped out?

code 38 torque permission -

TCU is removed,

There's something telling it is auto, as its a manual computer still putting out an auto error code.

I've cut all the auto wires leading in and out of the ECU.

re - B135 pin 28, I have both a manual and auto sitting here so I'll see if there is any difference between them. Looks like from other post it should be grounded on a manual so I'll check tonight.

Thanks for the help :)

hack0r99 said:
code 38 torque permission -

TCU is removed,

There's something telling it is auto, as its a manual computer still putting out an auto error code.

I've cut all the auto wires leading in and out of the ECU.

re - B135 pin 28, I have both a manual and auto sitting here so I'll see if there is any difference between them. Looks like from other post it should be grounded on a manual so I'll check tonight.

Thanks for the help :)

Thanks for you help. Figured it out.

CONFIRMED!!! B135 (middle plug) Pin 28 (Pin as per the link). Ground and its manual!! (had to put the wire into the plug as there was none)

Funny thing is I have a manual with the same computer and it had 12v running to the ecu on that line (tested with the plug out of the computer) So I tried that first, running 12v to pin 28 nothing no change, but when you ground it computer is manual :)

• 3 years later...

I have a similar problem, I wonder if anyone can help?
Mine is a model year 1998 Japanese Domestic Market Legacy and the ECU connectors look like this:

6hqqzb.jpg

I'm getting get engine code 38 which I assume (from reading here and elsewhere) is related to the Torque Cut signals.
There are nine wires going from the ECU to the Transmission Control Unit.  I wonder if I can set voltages on some/all of these wires to make the engine code go away?

Or is there a way to tell my ECU it's in a manual transmission car?

ECU pin 5 (Violet/Red)
ECU pin 12 (Pink/Blue)
ECU pin 22 (Yellow)
ECU pin 27 (Pink)
ECU pin 28 (White/Red)
ECU pin 29 (Yellow/Red)
ECU pin 30 (Pale Green)
ECU pin 31 (White/Blue)
ECU pin 44 (Orange)