Pretty high KMs for $15,000

My pick would be

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=924104134

- rare colour

- manual

- leather

- slightly lower kms

- mcintosh stereo

Offer them $12,500 and spend the $2500 change on ecu tune, subtech pipe, air filter.

GC8E2DD']Having owned a BP5 GTB for nearly ten years, and 100,000kms, I wouldn't be disparaging it's reliability. It has been off the road once for cambelt, and that was it. The VF38s on autos are apparently not terribly long lived, but that probably comes down largely to treatment and servicing (or lack thereof).

The MY06+ BP's, both auto and manual seem to have the VF44 or similar (vf38 and td04's are gone).

My opinion of 3.0 vs 2lt turbo is if you want a awesome daily driver that's very reliable with 10k services. The the 3.0r. If you want more tune ability and upgrades get the turbo. Factory the 3.0r manual is equally fast as a 2lt turbo tiptronic car. the 3.0r is good for towing.

I think about the 3.0R being the same power as a 2lt turbo auto could well depend on the car. I test drove a 06 GT before I brought my 07 GTB and the 06 one was defintely slower so I think theres still some variance between 2lt turbo models little alone between auto and manual.

Having owned a 2004 GT for 4 years and 30,000kms id say they are equally reliable, we only service ours every 10,000 kms and its been ECU tuned and Subtech piped from day one we brought it. (181kw at wheels, which equates to well over 215KW at engine).

Beyond 150,000 id be wanting the 3.0R though (lack of turbo)

Some of the 3.0R guys overseas are getting > stock GT performance through ECU mapping, front pipes,exhaust and cold air intake. Our second car will be such a 3.0R....if i can find a buyer for my Ralliart Colt

with the modded 3.0R being same power stock 2lr auto - ahh really you don't say :)

the auto GT's are detuned compared with the manual GT's anyway. So if you were to just tune a auto GT it would then be better than a 3.0R with the afore mentioned tune, pipes and exhaust. I'd say the MY06 would also before better than the older models that don't have the newer turbo or SI drive.

[quote name='heylinb4nz said:

Pretty high KMs for $15,000

My pick would be

url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=924104134[/url]

Unless of course you actually need a wagon :) Biased but I like the wagon out of those two trademe ones

Edited by killervq30de

Skinon! said:
Not bad.. but only a 5-speed and still highish k's and a bit too old. Nice colour though. Guess it's just a matter of waiting. I have no time limit really..

Yeah seems that most of the leggys for sale (especially at dealers have crazy high kms) We were ultra fortunate to pick up our 2004, 4 years ago with 63,000 kms for $16,000. Today you have 2006/2007 models with 140,000+ and the dealers want $14-$16k for them still.