Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2000 GT-B e-tune, turns off when clutch depressed

jsdub1

Hi all,

Fairly new here, had my GT-B for about a month and I am hooked.

I have a strange problem, it's not really serious but kind of annoying. I find that after I have been cruising around for a while, particularly after a long while under boost (think highway or spirited driving) if I am holding the clutch in while coasting, the engine turns off. I noticed it initially on my drive home from the docks.

It happened 2 or 3 times in one drive last night, which is unusual. It doesn't happen very often. After the drive, I let the car idle for a few minutes, then shut it off for approximately 1.5 hrs. I came back to it and it didn't want to start. It just kept turning over. Stopped, tried again, it started after about 10 seconds. I have had a couple times lately where the car didn't start up immediately like it usually does, but didn't think much of it.

It's a rev C e-tune

I am thinking it's related to the fuel or ignition system? fuel pump / filter? coil packs or plugs? Am I completely wrong? lol :confused: I haven't changed any of these since getting the car.

Will try cleaning the MAF, MAP, & IACV solenoid this afternoon.

Any experience you could share would be greatly appreciated!

A) Why are you holding the clutch in while coasting and b) does it have a venting blow off valve, sounds like it's just struggling to idle

Cleaning the MAF could be a bit sketchy but it's the likely culprit, IACV could also be. MAP sensor is pretty unlikely as it's only concerned with boost levels and not really metering while in vac

Hope that makes sense

A) Oh, just rolling up to a light or stop sign, usually for less than 50 metres. Not slipping the clutch or anything.

B) stock recirculating BOV.

Cleaned the MAF with electric parts cleaner over the weekend (sprayed about half the can on there lol), also cleaned the Idle Air Control valve solenoid. Hasn't happened since. It doesn't look like any of this stuff was cleaned or replaced in Japan.

Thanks for the reply!

• General Member
 jsdub1 said:
if I am holding the clutch in while coasting

dont do this 0.o not even rolling to a stop light, use the GEARS :P get mad engine braking sounds / jake-brakes

it does no good, will wear the clutch out prematurely, less vacuum-assist for braking (unsafe) you will use MORE fuel, at zero throttle the injectors will even nearly shut off on their own vs 'idle' rpms

but at a guess, I'd say you have a BOV venting to Atmo causing this issue perhaps [wild guess] or an air leak somewhere

Edited by Joker

oof good to know, I will not do that anymore!

The issue hasn't come back since I cleaned the MAF and Idle Air Control solenoid, hopefully that's it! The revs don't drop and bounce off 100 rpm anymore either.

Thanks for the help!