Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

casual cruise out highcliff road down around the bays at 12 noon today.

dubbedup

nah cos you cant always get 98 which is a prob is your car is tuned to 98... so im playing it safe car only has 180kwatw and maxed injectors (factory greys) defianlty feels better when 98 or OctBooster is in there...

LOL we put 95octane in every single car, doesnt matter about power. even the cars that say 98RON most cars can run 95oct no matter how much power unless you talking about a non road legal Rally car or F1 car or any non road legal race car. Av gas smells good until the heat inside the motor gets that intense it just melts it. Ive seen it happen before.

when i was a wee fulla my old man had avgas in 44 gallon drums(for motocross bikes) i always used to syphon that for my cars....wouldnt try it now....too much $$ invested...

if im paying for petrol its always 98, i get good km/l if i drive sensibly, great on race day too, just a safer option.

Guest boostcut
 travel express said:

LOL we put 95octane in every single car, doesnt matter about power. even the cars that say 98RON most cars can run 95oct no matter how much power unless you talking about a non road legal Rally car or F1 car or any non road legal race car. Av gas smells good until the heat inside the motor gets that intense it just melts it. Ive seen it happen before.

are you a retard?? "av gas" is a slang name for the 105 oct stuff you can get for light planes etc.. it will not melt your engine, infact it is cleaner burning and completely safe to use. the only reason you dont get it at the pump is there is no tax paid on the fuel

boostcut']

[quote name='travel express said:

/quote]

are you a retard?? "av gas" is a slang name for the 105 oct stuff you can get for light planes etc.. it will not melt your engine, infact it is cleaner burning and completely safe to use. the only reason you dont get it at the pump is there is no tax paid on the fuel

GEZZZZ you guys are so clever. where'd you read that on wiki?

Guest boostcut

why would you come out with such a profound statement and then when you are corrected you act like you knew all along... grow some nuts and suck it up champ... it wont be the first time youl be corrected around here.

Guest boostcut

actually... we had a justy on the dyno at dyno power down birch ave in tauranga and got 48kw out of it.. then adjusted the handbrake up and got it to drift all the way around the roundabout before it popped the rear tyres before the fronts...

octane ratings are about how much it will compress before it ignites by itself not about how hot it burns so you can run more ignition advance to get more power without detonation which is the main prob with subies melting pistons because of crap fuel that they werent designed to run on

so in theory the higher the octane the harder it is to burn not easier or hotter

lower octane fuel is a bit like premature ejaculation burns before its supposed to lol