Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ECU Swapped - Interesting Results

Bazza-NZ

Hey Guys

Swapped over my ECU Last night, Car had a starting problem which i eliminated down to being one thing, the ECU... i had a H9 in the car and replaced it with C6.. Car starts perfectly fine now but has created a few new issues...

Codes

C-Mode : 0 (just flashes)

D-Mode : 52 (WTF????)

Can't reset the ecu as code 52 is still active, however i only put the ecu in the other day so this would be a new code for my car

Problem

Just before coming onto boost the car surges, back and forward like, looses power, run like a piece of shit untill boost cones on then it is fine again till the next time

this problem occurred a couple of time before hand with the old ecu but wasn't anywhere as bad

What are your thoughts on the matter? is it related to the ECU or do i have a complete different issue (yay for Subaru's)

Cheers

• General Member

there was a list around here somewhere of ECU's

your not swapping a 8bit for a 16 bit are you (as far as my knowledge on the matter goes)

8bit 89-91?

16bit 91?+

? indicates I have no idea if the year is even right or when facelift was introduced

Okay so i swapped then back again.. start problem is still there but it runs well.. i guess i'll just wait and see if i can get a new second hand one...

M-Codes = 0 (flashes)

D-Codes = 43... (what is this [sine i don't own a justy])

Will look into it again... in that case anyone wanted a tested (by previous owner) C6 ECU send me a PM

JoKer']

ok I'm lost whats a M/D code?

I know what CEL codes are...

I got the M and D around the wrong way...

should have been C-Mode as in Check mode = Black plugs

D-Code is just the greens together and go for a drive

[quote name='boostin said:

43 is accelerator pedal switch. Mine does the same thing, although it never throws a fault code for it.

Oh i see thanks for that, so how do i fix it? I know after a while i start hearing a click every time i depress and then press the pedal again...

would that affect how the car runs? i.e why the revs don't drop straight down when i come to a stop? (as the car is in some kinda safe mode or something like that??)

Guest boostin

If you have a look at your accelerator pedal it may have a micro switch on it. Mine does but its not connected as I converted it to manual. Autos don't have the switch from factory. The problem is I have absolutely no idea where it actually connects to! Its never been a problem though.

boostin said:

If you have a look at your accelerator pedal it may have a micro switch on it. Mine does but its not connected as I converted it to manual. Autos don't have the switch from factory. The problem is I have absolutely no idea where it actually connects to! Its never been a problem though.

Ok, so i went out and had a look at mine, doesn't have any switch's on the pedal, that i can see anyways, I put in the running gear myself as the chassis i got was bare so might have been an auto previously

so maybe its not wired right or something, i'll have to look into it i guess or see if the dealership can remove the code for good if i don't need it.

Guest boostin

They can't remove it, it will always be there. The only thing you can do is to get a pedal assembly with a switch and wire it up. I just don't know where to....

boostin said:

They can't remove it, it will always be there. The only thing you can do is to get a pedal assembly with a switch and wire it up. I just don't know where to....

Haha yay.... Fun fun

Might just go to Pick - A - Part and find one, might work out easier and cheaper and that way i can find out where it connects to :)

otherwise the dealership might get a visitor