Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HELP TT having issue

shrug

Hey there all hoping u might be able to help me. my mates suby started having a issue of missing on load like back firing out the intake and shit. and seem like it runz on 3 or sumthing. it idles sweet and stuff runz on 4 (checked by unplugin coil one at a time) so yea it kinda got my stump. oh chucked a new seta plugs in it today as well

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

just out of curiosity is it showing check engine light? should be, if so get down to a mechanic , heres the sneaky bit. ring ahead first and ask if they do quotes, get them to chuck on a diagnostic and there ya go.

there is a CEL code how to on here somewhere.... use the search.

Guest keltik

Step 1. Sell car to teenager

Step 2. Buy any other car

There is no step 3 as without a twin turbo all of your problems will be gone

yeh, i agree, twin turbo's are crap. ive had lots of singles...... love them. had a rather modded quick rs for abit n wrx'd up leggy wagn n few udas lol. but yeh he kinda wants to fix the issue so all ideas appeciated.... n nah. there no check engine lite. i know how to put them in diag so if it was throwing a code it would be a easy fix. no one would have any single bolt coils around i could try do they?

Is the car completely stock?

keltik said:

Nothing wrong with twin turbo setups, just that like any turbo car, they can be sensitive.

BigWillieStyles']

Is the car completely stock?

[quote name='keltik said:

/quote]

Nothing wrong with twin turbo setups, just that like any turbo car, they can be sensitive.

And TT's seem to have permanent PMS.

i tryed it upluged as subys can run to bout 5 tousand revs without them and it still run the same so i dunno. it sort seems like it droping back to 3 n backfiring out intake. it dont reall splutter n shit like wuld lead to think afm.. just gutles as n shit

they got coil packs dude, correct me if im wrong but if timing belt had jumped a few teeth it wouldnt idle swt would it. when backin of gas afta giving it sum it gets like a random spot where it kinda pulls. mybe a coil breaking down on load yeh????

shrug said:

they got coil packs dude, correct me if im wrong but if timing belt had jumped a few teeth it wouldnt idle swt would it. when backin of gas afta giving it sum it gets like a random spot where it kinda pulls. mybe a coil breaking down on load yeh????

Drive driving down a hill put it in a low-ish gear....

Does it slow you down then speed you up? i.e. like it jumps out of gear for a few seconds?

webup']

Drive driving down a hill put it in a low-ish gear....

Does it slow you down then speed you up? i.e. like it jumps out of gear for a few seconds?

what would that be?

[quote name='dubbedup said:

coil breaking down maybe?

That is the question we haven't be able to answer yet...

on my car we have replacement pretty much everything but coils...but the problem might be related to the throttle switch (which i get a code for in D-Mode)hr]