Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Iphone car adaptor for Legacy factory Stereo

tintinz

Hi Guys\Gals

any of you out there know of any places selling an Iphone car kit which I can integrate into my Legacy Macintosh stereo? I rang Wingers and they have one for the ipod at $181 but were not sure it works with the Iphone ... I hate FM transmitter as Auckland airwaves are so congested so anyone wanting an Iphone\Ipod Belkin FM transmitter drop me a line

cheers

It's a shame you don't know anything about car audio scoobydoo, the McIntosh system is an amazing unit. McIntoch make some of the highest quality valve audio amps in the world and know their stuff! It's all hand made by audiophiles, not chinese factory workers. The head unit they made for Subaru's have incredible specs, signal/noise ratio that will blow away any aftermarket system you can buy. Just becuase it came as a stock unit doesn't mean it is crap, listen to one and you will hear how pure and clean they are!

Guest Drewpy

I'm pretty sure his last statement meant he wasn't impressed with the connectivity (lack of inputs) to it, nothing to do with the performance :)

Drewpy said:

I'm pretty sure his last statement meant he wasn't impressed with the connectivity (lack of inputs) to it, nothing to do with the performance :)

That man deserves a DB

I won't bother arguing with "I don't know anything about car audio"

I could just let my amps, subs, and 3-way active-crossovered front system speak for itself :-)

Which it does quite well.

• 6 months later...
 tintinz said:

I have found the answer guys http://radio-waves.co.nz/?page_id=15&category=8 email them and they say they have an Iphone kit which integrates with the Subaru Macintosh stereo but its not cheap at $161 plus $60 for installation. I'll let you know how well it works if I decide on getting this

cheers

Just wondering whether you ended up having this installed?

I got one for my 2003 BL5 with 6cd stacker (Square CeNet port)

Didn't get from radio waves through. Quite a bit cheaper then that...

Works really well, press 'CD', it changes to the indash cd changer, press CD again and 'CHG' comes up on the screen and plays the IPOD.

Sounds really good.

Only problem is it charges the IPOD via 12v. It does this by using the Firewire connector in the Ipod cable. Apple have discontinued using this port so it will not charge a lot of the newer Ipods. My 2nd Gen Nano charges fine but it won't charge my 2nd Gen Touch (still plays and works fine though)

I'm quite happy using the nano as I just leave it in the car. Don't really want to leave the Touch in the car.

If anyone is interested I can put you in contact with the supplier. Can take photos next time I pull the stereo out.

• 2 weeks later...
 avgeek said:

Curious to know how much these cost and where ya got it.

My homebrew adaptor doesn't do charging and my Belkin charger has died so it might be time to upgrade...

I got it for $120. I've just asked the guy if it is ok to give out his email address I can PM it to you once I get a reply.

nickmcgill, in the newer legacy's they have changed to a CeNet plug. This needs a little junction box to interpret the audio signal. This is why they are so much more expensive then the round connector.