Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

$650 Service and no repairs!

Guest Drewpy

Guest Drewpy

So, after taking out a Protecta cover on a car, and getting the first service done within the first 5,000kms I was stung with this (through a reputable shop, it's just a lot needed to be done)

Transmission oil was black, air filter very dirty, power steering fluid flushed and refilled, oil filter and oil change (expected) + labour.

I did NOT expect this, the other two times I've taken out a Protecta cover the first service is cheap becuase the car dealer (in their best interest) have done a thorough service to help the car live longer.

I know going to the car dealer wont acheive anything, so I plan on getting through to them via Protecta (enquirying why I had to do $650 worth of servicing for the first run on the car when the car should have had a lot of this sorted before we purchased it.) which is much more affective than a whiny customer knocking at their door :)

thats a bit rough. although, i am trying to sell my car before the 5000km's is up so that i don't have to pay for the first service... :P

you have to be very cautious about second hand dealer services

in my experiance they not worth s h i t :)

Case in point

me and my son(catsoup) went and brought him a hilux(he still has it)

dealer said it has had a full service and been checked front to back

so I did my check

found one or two things wrong the major one was the nut holding the airfilter in was missing so after we purchased it and while it was still on the lot I popped bonnet and fitted a nut I had in my parts bin in my landcruiser...

The saleman asked wot I was doing i told him he should fire there mechanic as he not worth shit

:)

was offered the job

ppffttt as if

subiv5 said:

Why did it cost $650 to service??? ???

That must be a hang of a lot of Labour. Because realistically it should only be about $120 or maybe $200 max

Hell yeah, Ripped!

Also, might pay to name the dealer here so anyone else buying from them knows to double check the car before it leaves the yard (cause once you drive off, they don't want to know).

Guest Drewpy

Shackel Motor Company, Cambridge Terrace, Wellington.

I'm sure they're laughing at me now, but ever other time I've had Protecta insurance, the car yard has done a full service and stamped the first block in the book. Because this had happened two times before, I didn't check the third (third time unlucky).

yeah, that's why I will be avoiding the Protecta insurance scheme from now on. and trying to sell the jeep before the first service...