Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SF5 Forester Body Kits from Japan

uwantsumbeef

well in my effort to source a STi II Type M version front and rear bumpers iv come across two options.

Option 1 http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=10&middlesmall=2:11&maker=&volkey=&page=1

is genuine body kits from Japan, as you can see there are a few options, STI, Subaru, Liberal, Zerosports and a few others. The beauty of these kits is that they are 100% original and will easily bolt straight on and are not made of fibre glass.

The Subaru and STi ones also come pre painted in a factory colour but the only prob is its $1500NZ per bumper + about $1000NZ freight fron Japan

Option 2 is a guy iv been talking to through a forester forum in OZ http://www.gtrydaz.com/home and this guy has been making fibre glass versions of the Type M kit. The cost here is about $650AUS per bumper and about $1000AUS again for freight.

Freight is the killer. And since im in no hurry to get a kit in i was wondering if there is anyone else out there who wants something either off the Japan site or even a Type M kit from OZ and maybe we can work something out to reduce the freight costs. I want something a lil different out of my foz and the type M kit looks the part, beats those hideous Liberal and C-West kits floating around TM - the amount iv seen unpainted is ridiculous.

Could also be keen to hook up with this guy in OZ and maybe get in a few kits to sell on TM or clubsub.

oh and id also be keen on selling my STi body kit when i do replace it. Front and Rear bumpers only.

Typm.jpg?t=1264900876

Typem.jpg?t=1264900893

TypeMfrontrear.jpg?t=1264900912

TypeMwing2.jpg?t=1264900926

TypeMsides.jpg?t=1264900938

IMGP0431-1.jpg?t=1264901065

there was a guy on tardme selling a nice front bar for 2 hundy brand new..look like a liberal copy..i dont think he got charged that much freight..maybe hunt around for a better quote dude..i really WANT that top rear spoiler!.want want want!

Guest dcornie

the sti front bumper from japan is no longer in production for the sf5 as i am looking at getting the complete liberal kit for mine, i have found some genuine ones in nz on trademe and they go for twice the price of the copies. or you can try jetseed in oz http://www.jetspeed.com.au

if you wanted a c west style go on to the fast4s and turbos website they have them.

97 - 00

http://www.fast4s.co.nz/showacc1.php?bid=2&id=10017

00 - 01

http://www.fast4s.co.nz/showacc1.php?bid=2&id=10015

Iv been emailing a sales guy in Japan and he has confirmed stock of the STi bumper, im after something a bit different other than C-west and the Liberal, end up looking like everyone else, well at least id get mine painted

oh and they aint c-west style body kits they just fibre glass copies of original subaru bumpers. the 00-01 is the same kit mine has, well was untill i crashed the front and they couldnt get an original of mine in. Iv seen a c-west kit of a forester and it looks ridiculously stupid. A big ol snow plow

dont know about you guys but im kinda dissapointed with options on bodykits for fozzies..wouldnt recomment fast4s bodykit as they not very exact..i got my foz through them ,first n.z owner with only 59 thou km on it and thats the only reason i got it from them...had my car nicked a few mths ago and needed new side skirts..told the panelbeater to get it from them and when finally got them and fitted it was a couple of inches short..was pissed!

Guest dcornie

its all good i am looking at designing my own as i have a mate who does fibreglassing for a living and getting it wrapped in carbon fibre something different just have to see how it goes, i really do like the sti kit though

yeah im after a front bumper that really shows off my frount mount, but i guess with the amount of money im willing to spend on a kit i could always customise other subaru bumpers . .

subaru.jpg

hey would your fibre glassing mate been keen if i was to put in a type m kit to make a mould and produce some copies?

WAITAMINUTE...

That carpark building the white Fozz looks to be Car Do. Amirite?

It looks identical to the Forester I sat in there, parked in a similar place (same distance from the outer wall, in the Legacy section).

If so...you guys know they do parts/kits, and ship to the world, right? 8)