Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I think my engine is missing / not enough fuel to a cyclinder?

Caleb 895/1000

I have been looking through other peoples posts and someone sed it feels as though the car is being held back lowkey?

I dunno its hard to explain. Im in auckland this weekend and all of next week. If some one can help me im sure i could find them a cold doz of pures or something.

I would rather the problem fixed before i head back to palmy..

Thanks heaps

027 780 3945. I also have an 021 but dont know the number. If you have a 021 txt ma 027 and ill continue to txt over 021

Yea ive been told its running rich but wouldnt know what to do after what i have already done.

I have given it a comb over for boost leaks twice and have come up with nothing

I have exhausted my automotive knowledge and may have missed a hose or pipe somewhere im not sure... Il have a look again tonight

How long has it being doing this for? Did it start doing it all of a sudden or gradually got worse and worse?

When it does run rough, do you mean it gets really jerky/shuddery? Doesnt have as much power as it normally does? does it do it on any amount of boost or just when it starts getting closer to max boost??

Where abouts are you in auckland???

I'll be at home doing an engine build all weekend so can take a look at it for you for free... I'm out west if you want to drop by, PM me or text... 021 244 6724

Caleb 895/1000 said:

I dont knw. If its fuel or spark... Im sure fuel filter is on the right way... Could it possibly be fuel pump?

How do i check the bov is not leaking?

vacume/boost gauge

and do a quick double check on fuel filter...

JORDI said:

Its running standard boost its a 95 wrx, so its like 8psi or something I think, and how do you check plug length exactly?

To check plug gap you pull them out and measure the gap of the electrode. At only 8psi its more likely to be bung coils or afm or similar.

The electrode huh lol.. Yea well I got told thats around what they are standard boost, correct me if I'm wrong.. Sweet, yea thought it might be coils are they expensive, hope I'm not thread snatching btw, got the same issue ;)

Guest boostin
 JORDI said:

The electrode huh lol.. Yea well I got told thats around what they are standard boost, correct me if I'm wrong.. Sweet, yea thought it might be coils are they expensive, hope I'm not thread snatching btw, got the same issue ;)

Similar issue, not the same. I reckon your coils are stuffed. Pull them back out and pull the rubber boots off the tips. You'll find the plastic underneath will be cracked.