Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

B4 Rev D Exhaust

Funkmast3r

Hey guys. Vancouverite here. You guys are an excellent resource!!!!!!

I have a 2002 Legacy B4 RSK, REV D EJ208, and I like to do smallish upgrades. I have an STI Genome Muffler, but really want to do a turbo back exhaust upgrade and then get it tuned (even though I've already remaped it for local fuel). You guys have any recommendations on that?

TIA

2 hours ago, Funkmast3r said:

Hey guys. Vancouverite here. You guys are an excellent resource!!!!!!

I have a 2002 Legacy B4 RSK, REV D EJ208, and I like to do smallish upgrades. I have an STI Genome Muffler, but really want to do a turbo back exhaust upgrade and then get it tuned (even though I've already remaped it for local fuel). You guys have any recommendations on that?

TIA

Rage used to do a decat turbo tt exhaust.I’d be interested in your primary oem down pipe if the car hasn’t done big mileage.I had a decat Rage tt exhaust system on my 94 Rs.If you replace the rear muffler,don’t go to big as you can over spin the primary turbo.I modded a gc8 Sti muffler.

Edited by Dre

Sorry,I thought you were in NZ.You can buy the Rage system direct from Autobend NZ in three parts,decat down pipes,center section with resonator and rear muffler.Manual only as the auto box is larger but can be made to fit.Haywood and Scott,England also sell a twin turbo exhaust system.

There’s not alot of gain to be had really by replacing the down pipes on your model.I eventually did a single turbo conversion on my car with a Motec after market ecu and vf24 turbo.Theres plenty of information on this site for your model car using another ecu and single turbo as it is a popular conversion in NZ.

Edited by Dre

8 hours ago, Funkmast3r said:

Pretty popular here in Canada for the people who own JDM Legacies. Don't want to go that route just yet, as I just bought her. Going to keep her stock until at least 200k km and then see where we're at. Shes a beautiful car.

In that case, i'd just go for custom made axel back exhaust, slap in a centre muffler to keep noise down and you'll be golden. Probably be cheaper to get something made local as opposed to getting something shipped from NZ.

Have your replaced the hard rubber hoses that connect to the intercooler with silicone? Apparently that makes a nice wee difference for not a lot of $$

7 hours ago, Timmah said:

In that case, i'd just go for custom made axel back exhaust, slap in a centre muffler to keep noise down and you'll be golden. Probably be cheaper to get something made local as opposed to getting something shipped from NZ.

Have your replaced the hard rubber hoses that connect to the intercooler with silicone? Apparently that makes a nice wee difference for not a lot of $$

Haven't done anything to her except get winters and an oil service and installed a stock airbox. Doing plugs and timing belt next, then replacing all turbo vacuum lines and other rubber hoses. I'll definitely do silicone! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest you contact these guys. Lambda Tuning: https://lambdatuning.com/services/

They're literally just down the road from you.

https://lambdatuning.com/2016/12/18/jdm-legacy-bebh-base-maps/

(or maybe that's who remapped your car for lower octane.. ?)

Silicon on the IC pipes is a definite win for very low $$..

Edited by duncanm

On 3/14/2019 at 4:21 AM, duncanm said:

I suggest you contact these guys. Lambda Tuning: https://lambdatuning.com/services/

They're literally just down the road from you.

https://lambdatuning.com/2016/12/18/jdm-legacy-bebh-base-maps/

(or maybe that's who remapped your car for lower octane.. ?)

Silicon on the IC pipes is a definite win for very low $$..

Yup! They were the gentlemen that did my MAF, Fuel Pump and ecu flash for the lower octane. 

I am going to do all my turbo lines and intercooler stuff.... at some point lmao