Jump to content
Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 25/04/20 in all areas

  1. awesome the VVT osci llation moved from LHS to the RHS so if you replace the RHS with new the engine will be happier, part #10921AA050 approx' USD$65 online.
    3 points
  2. Looks like valve lift is behaving but variable timing is still oscillating left hand side. As @Andy_Mac suggested maybe swap the front timing solenoid valves between left & right, run another log and see if the oscillation is then recorded on the right hand side with good data on the left which would identify a dud solenoid. I did this swap this morning as I'm chasing a different prob, took around 10 mins and a 10mm socket.
    2 points
  3. It'll overboost but as long as you take it easy and don't get tempted to thrash it you’ll be ok.
    1 point
  4. When I get the new one in I'll do another log and post it up so we can see the difference.
    1 point
  5. All good @BMCRacer I was looking at AVCS/AVLS anyway on my 3.0R also not driving great, so it's neat there was a problem pattern on your car and that's its not too uncommon. Please let us know if the new solenoid affects IAM or drive-ability cheers
    1 point
  6. Bang on with the price, $65USD from Partsouq, + some trim screws that need replacing and 4 oil filters. Happy days 😊 Thanks again for your help @ajayel legend
    1 point
  7. OK cool, I'll order one right now. Thanks sooooo much for your help @ajayel. I've been trying to sort out the 0.0001 IAM ever since I put the Nexus in the car about 18 months ago. And the car has always had less go that I thought a 3L 6 cylinder should have every since I bought it 3 years ago. So this has probably been the problem the whole time. Hopefully it will fix it.
    1 point
  8. Yeah mate you got the location, here's pics on my car, to work RHS I removed the front part of the air intake, the valve is kind of underneath the elbow in the power steering suction hose. Charts were done in Microsoft Excel but Google can also do this free with the files you uploaded, try the green 'Open in Google Sheets' when the shared CSV file opens, then click Chart under the Insert menu.
    1 point
  9. OK it's working now, as in at the top right it says reading data with a green circle. Bottom left says select parameters to be logged... where to do that? And for the purposes of what we are trying to work out with my car, I need to log OCV and ACVS and what else? Also, I read on the RR site that you should select DS2 K-line. It has SSM K-line selected at the moment. Do I need to change that? I thought Subaru's were SSM? God damn I'm sure they could make this a bit more user friendly and intuitive so you don't need a degree in computers to be able to work it
    1 point
  10. Have you used the Tactrix cable or the EcuFlash app on that computer before? If not might be it's drivers need installing from https://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=61.
    1 point
  11. Problem fixed, the primary boost solenoid was stuck closed. I opened it up, looked like the plunger/seal got stuck to the port inside, and solenoid couldn't pull it back (open). This is interesting, because the Exhaust Gas Control Valve Duty Solenoid (in BBOD) is the same type, and I had exactly the same problem after cleaning out the BBOD the first time. A day after flushing it through with CRC Carb Cleaner it got jammed shut. Had to open it up (pry back the metal tabs) and clean it again from the inside. After reassembling it worked ok again. I'm guessing the carb cleaner reacted
    1 point
  12. Bringing this thread back from the dead... thats ok, I'm the OP. Finally got round to making a smoke tester (soldering iron in jar with babyoil, works brilliantly). Found a pretty obvious leak around the primary turbo intake, mostly from around the worm-clamp head, but also from somewhere on the other side of the fitting. I'm guessing it's time for a new intake pipe... that looks like a b!tch to change. Cleaned out BBOD solenoids and boost solenoid too, and did hose 10 mod. Also got a boost guage hooked up a while back... about 10psi on prim
    1 point


×
×
  • Create New...