Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Save Western Springs Speedway: Petition #2

Koom

http://www.speedwayclub.co.nz/signpetition.php

IMPORTANT: If you have already signed the previous petition sent to Auckland City Council then you are free to sign this one.

This is what happened.

The promoters have had extreme difficulty with council over lots of issues. They raised the issue that the City of Auckland received the largest petition in its history to maintain speedway at the Springs. The comment from Council was that it is a number of years now since that petition was submitted and people change address so the petition will not hold influence with council now. The question from Promotors was “why don’t the council apply the same reasoning to the protestors then”????

In any event there are a lot of different councilors now and this is a fresh petition. Why don’t council just get behind speedway and help increase the wonderful asset and Heritage speedway provides for Auckland city. They did not even acknowledge or do anything to celebrate 80 years of speedway at Western Springs. After all it was Speedway that built the stadium. Without speedway it would not even exist.

http://www.speedwayclub.co.nz/signpetition.php

I have always felt that this "issue" is due to some people wanting to improve their property value by getting rid of something that was there long before they were! Christchurch had a similar issue with Ruapuna (Speedway and Racetrack) which was solved by the council buying the surrounding land :)

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

its like idiots that buy a house next 2 an airport and then complain that the planes are too loud...

???

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

its like idiots that buy a house next 2 an airport and then complain that the planes are too loud...

???

Very true...

Same with the old Wigram Air base even though it been there since 1916,

Same with the Railways even tho they been running since 1863,

Power lines, Sub stations etc making buzzing sounds,

Go cart track out in halswell area,

People like that have tryed to ruin every thing good. They shouldnt complain if these places have been there longer than they have.

subieboy']

[quote name='the_return_of_the_jedi said:

???

/quote]

+1

+2

Why the frig do people shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars and not consider this sort of thing?

IMO if you buy something that expensive knowing there are these factors, you have no right to whinge.

I'm a hard-arse too - people that complain about wind farms can get f**ked. They whinge that waterways are being forked by hydro-electric power generation, that the environment is dying thanks to fossil fuel-powered stations, that nuclear will make us all grow duck bills and four breasts... well what the hell else is left! Harry Potter doesn't live in NZ :P If we want 'clean, green'... it's got to be clean green power! FEH.

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

could have something to do with the cheap price of the house and the land agents cunning plan of showing the house when said "interferences" are not so active..

some agents will do anything to sell a house..

Yeah people just like complaining for the sake of complaining. Same thing happens with the Rotorua International stadium here. Its in a residential area but most things that are held their are during the day. The very few times they do have something that finishes late they hold on a friday or saturday and usualy finish at 10pm at the latest because they have to follow noise restrictions. And someone still complains. Its rediculous. If you dont like the noise once every so often, dont live next to a stadium/raceway.