Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Graunching in third!!

What else can cause a box to crunch in third gear if the box meant to be an excellent runner?

I cant change straight from second to third i have to let engine revs go down before it goes in without crunch same for the chopping down change also 4th to 3rd

just wandering if it could be selectors arms since i have to use parts of the old and new one that came with the box

Anyone have had any problems with third without being an internal issues???

Yea i am thinking same also.... just hoping its not... but its pissing me off since the guy bullshited me and i hate bullshitters!!! I just wanna see what i can do first before i give that guy a ring and demand answers lol

Guest keltik

Possibly synchro. Try sticking some new/different oil in it. Mightve been fine with the oil he was running so i wouldnt start yelling just yet.

Guest keltik

Everyone will reccomend something different.

Personally ive used Valvoline 75w-90 and in another car ive seen just straight ATF used. Both shifted fine.

Guest boostin

Yup Hondas use engine oil, Mazdas use ATF, Subbies should be 75w/90 or 80w/90 though. Its needed because of the hypoid front diff. Something is better than nothing though eh Keltic.

Yep oil is over rated, did f...all to overall improvement. I admit i bought a dud gear box from someone who told him its a good gbox I bet and I am very furious about it >:(....

Can someone here confirm that shifter arms can cause this problem?? I have to use part of the shifter arm that came with box and my old stay arm and gear lever, not sure if i put the shifter arm the wrong way since i was in a hurry cause of loosing daylight....

but some how syncros comes to mind :-\

Guest keltik

If you put the shifter in backwards, 3rd gear requires pushing the lever forwards through the radio :P

So no, you cant have installed it wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Na havent fixed it yet, I gonna get the guy i bought it off to fix it or demand some money back but cant do it till i have my other car back on the road.

yea double de clutch or shifting slowly in low revs works fine but pain in the butt tho... if i do a mistake "graunnnccchhh" >:(

DRFVDR']

try a double declutch and rev matching on changing,if it works better then it most likely synchros :)

this. or get someone who knows how to try. its not the easiest technique master :D

[quote name='kingersman said:

when you try and double clutch it then miss the timing... makes you look like a complete dick ahaha

haha YUP

kamineko']

try a double declutch and rev matching on changing,if it works better then it most likely synchros :)

this. or get someone who knows how to try. its not the easiest technique master :D

[quote name='kingersman said:

when you try and double clutch it then miss the timing... makes you look like a complete dick ahaha

/quote]

haha YUP

hhheh Oh yeah double declutching sucks

but after a few years of driving old trucks (including driving a Leyland Mastiff from England to Nairobi) U get use to it now I find it hard not to :)