Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

maxing out gt2876r

hey would anyone know what rough kw estimate a gt2876r would be making on a 2l block on around 26-27psi with all supporting mods.

Guest vf20/21bg5
 marc said:

yeah my old sti had a gt2876R with .70 comp and .86 exhaust and was around 280awkw from memory at 24psi. hope this hepls. (tuner said didnt have much more left in it..

...cant find what hp is rated for the 2876r but both the 2871r and 3071r are rated to about 460hp and the 3076r is rated to 525hp....on the website below it goes on by saying that the gt2876r is Best suited for unique applications such as asymmetric turbo installations

* Not recommended for general performance applications.

but i must add that in the Garrett(by Honeywell) catolog thr are 8 different variants of the 2871r and close to the same for all the other models. Makes picking a turbo quite tricky. http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/products/turbochargers.html

• 1 month later...

quite laggy ae, 1st doesnt do much (as youd expect) but second goes well. comes on strong (24psi) at about 5500-6000rpm from second on. maby lil rpm less in 3rd/4th. Dont use 5th kaining much lol. If it had some cams itd help. thats next step for me! concidered going to .64 but sceard im going to get limitd up top and I do like my top end but yeah def abit to laggy for my liking for a street car. You got to give it abit to make the valve go off decently but up in the revs/boost definitly maakes up for it in both gees and freakn loud valve lol :)

thatl be mint man. I was never game enough to go the 30 series unless I had AVCS heads. let me know hot it goes :). I just like a fun car to drive thats my problem I think. mind u the 2871R doesnt fall off up top ither so thats y I say its the best for street. fun and pumps. cant imagine it pushing much more then 270 ish atw. but hey if u ask me i been down that road and a fun 270 is better then a less responsive laggy 280+ wkw car. I guess it depends what u wna use the car for ae, I just do quite alot of traveling from aux to hometown gisborne and hate having to rape it up the kaimis and gorge or pluck the perfect gear at 100km to pass if u get what i mean. Best of luck with your build anyways itl pump :)

That was the 2876 sory should have labled! My 2871 has a 3" intake lol :-\ . And yes .7 before I polished it :D. And duno that was how it came from Alltech. He told me same cover as the GT35 But smaller wheel when I was harassing with questions for fitment size!

EJ20T said:

i personally thought the 3076r thats going on my wrx was just fine, in first it used to make 20psi by around 5k, even would make 5psi at 100km in 5th lol

Yeah thats intersting, I didnt think the .86 Turbine housing wud kill mine that much :-\. what ar did yours have? My m8 from tauranga has a white v4 sti sedan with a GT30. not a foz may know him. asain guy that works for honda and the car was tuned by DTECH aswell. and Its definitly lagger then mine was!!

off2harrys said:

thats a nice engine bay dude

Thanks lol I like building subies lol. Il have to post couple pics of mine car now. that (in above pic) was sold to a mate not so long ago. its in a silver V5 sti wagon with gunmetal coloured weds sport rims and v8 scoop, lives out Te atatu does the good old wagon suprize on a few ppl quite well lol.

marc']

[quote name='EJ20T said:

i personally thought the 3076r thats going on my wrx was just fine, in first it used to make 20psi by around 5k, even would make 5psi at 100km in 5th lol

/quote] Yeah thats intersting, I didnt think the .86 Turbine housing wud kill mine that much :-\. what ar did yours have? My m8 from tauranga has a white v4 sti sedan with a GT30. not a foz may know him. asain guy that works for honda and the car was tuned by DTECH aswell. and Its definitly lagger then mine was!!

Thats the car/turbo EJ20T is talking about i think haha.

We are both from tauranga and yeah i know of jackie, his car is no longer though he stacked it on the track i think.

EJ20T said:

yer same dude... his comments had me a little concerned with the 3071 gng on mine... and why id asked you about yours dude :D

marc']

[quote name='off2harrys said:

thats a nice engine bay dude

/quote] Thanks lol I like building subies lol. Il have to post couple pics of mine car now. that (in above pic) was sold to a mate not so long ago. its in a silver V5 sti wagon with gunmetal coloured weds sport rims and v8 scoop, lives out Te atatu does the good old wagon suprize on a few ppl quite well lol.

mmm weds sports ive got them too,if it was on trademe a few months back looks very similar to mine just mine green

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='EJ20T said:

/quote] Yeah thats intersting, I didnt think the .86 Turbine housing wud kill mine that much :-\. what ar did yours have? My m8 from tauranga has a white v4 sti sedan with a GT30. not a foz may know him. asain guy that works for honda and the car was tuned by DTECH aswell. and Its definitly lagger then mine was!!

Thats the car/turbo EJ20T is talking about i think haha.

We are both from tauranga and yeah i know of jackie, his car is no longer though he stacked it on the track i think.

Ratchet, havent seen him in ages. Last time I saw him was at pukekohe and went for a gud few rounds in it so i know how the car felt.. I thought the track was going to claim it sooner or later :S... first time I hoppd in that car I was like man this is guna hurt if we stack! He likes pushn it, had brake fade at the end of the bak str8 couple times too lol

hahahahaha, that sounds like the jackie i know, his car had some issues, lets just say it needed a regular tune up, and the differance between it going ok and not ok was about 45kw atw, made a day and night differnace to how laggy it was. when going properly it was useable from 4.5k to 7.5k