Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

help with code 45 please

so my rs is at it again with the all new cell code 45

according to legacy central ecu codes it describes Pressure sensor and pressure exchange solenoid valve as being the new problem with my rs according to the code 45.

Now of course I have no idear where to find this sensor...or if I can fix it. So does anyone in here know about this sensor??....its a 1992 RS.

Thanks.

ok so I change the pressure sensor thats sitting on top of the boost solenoid??....it got rid of the error but the car is still driving like sh@t. Before the sensor stuffed out I was boosting with revs around 4g....then the biggest boost cut from out of no where and if I hadnt had my belt on Im sure I wouldv ended up with a sore head hitting the windscreen.

But anyway, at the moment it feels like its missing/driving on 3 cylinders...Engine shaking abit there and the sound from the tip just sounds wrong...sounds weak.

Im thinking I need to change my coils as they were giving me abit of grief earlier...but the car still starts first pop..

have you fiddled with a boost controller or something? sounds like fuel cut to me when the pressure sensor senses to much boost it tells the ecu and the ecu cuts the fuel, and yea it can be quite violent, feels like the car is trying to chuck you out the windscreen

nah I havnt fiddled with a boost controller but i do have an after market chip and yellow injectors and have been running the chip with no problems for about a year now.but yeah i see what you mean by too much boost as I have experienced little boost cuts when on the motor way when I give it death...Since I got caught with cel code 45 would I need to change the boost solenoid aswell??...as I have only changed the sensor on top...

it might pay to, if you can borrow a boost tap from someone you should disconect the boost solenoid and run it with only the boost tap and see if that makes a diference. The factory boost solenoid in my car was buggered so it was running to much boost without even using a controller, causing the pressure sensor to keep telling the ecu to cut fuel. I got rid of it altogether and now just run a turbosmart boost tap and never had a problem since, keeps the sensor happy. (by the way if you go out and buy a boost tap spend the extra coin and get a good brand one- turbosmart/racepro/turboXS etc, the cheap trademe ones are a waste of time and dont seem to hold a constant boost level)

sweet mate I will definately be getting one...but I'll use a solenoid to keep me happy that the cars going...did your car sound abit weak at the exhaust when your solenoid was stuffed??...yeah it does sound like its not feeding enough fuel and is about to cut out..

I replaced the boost solenoid and hasnt gotn any better....car idles and sounds a little bit better but is still driving and has lost power....it revs out quite slowly...Any idears or what else it may be??....I am going to change the coils over when I buy some...but just wondering if anyone in here will have any idears on what else it may be...thanks.,

ecu hasnt gone into limp mode? I snapped my spedo cable (well burnt it in half on my downpipe lol) and the ecu went into limp mode, car was real guttless, would only do about 4000 rpm and run around 8psi and it would fuel cut. failing that I give up man lol might have to get a mechanic to take a look, where are you based?

limp mode huh....well any idea is a good idea to me im in manukau auckland....yeah Im actually having a hard think about selling the thing off. but at the same time I know its only something minor just dunno...so how do I get the stupid ecu out of limp mode if it had gone into limp mode??...dont tell me you gotta reset it by either leaving battery off or connect wires under the dash because I have already reset the ecu by leaving battery off for over 24hrs...

now iv got the code again!!....what way do the air hoses at the bottom of the solenoid plug in??....does the hose from the intake box go into the bottom of the solenoid or the side??

in auckland manukau sweet mate thats taken away the error...still no difference tho...:(...took it for another drive around the block...car just wont boost and it sounds like shit asif its missing...surely one good kaning couldn't cause it to start missing?? or could it?

from 1000. its almost like the noise it makes when a car is hesitating under boost and when in neutral I rev the car up to around 3500 it'l backfire abit....does that sound like missing?? or anything to do with the coils or plugs?

plugs are only a months old..coils were fine..although I was thinking of changing them anyway as they were giving me abit of sh@t earlier before I changed the plugs...but after I changed the plugs the car went fine up until now. But coils I'll be replacing whether theyr good or not. just as soon as I buy em...

• 2 weeks later...
 1992-RS said:

ok so I change the pressure sensor thats sitting on top of the boost solenoid??....it got rid of the error but the car is still driving like sh@t. Before the sensor stuffed out I was boosting with revs around 4g....then the biggest boost cut from out of no where and if I hadnt had my belt on Im sure I wouldv ended up with a sore head hitting the windscreen.

But anyway, at the moment it feels like its missing/driving on 3 cylinders...Engine shaking abit there and the sound from the tip just sounds wrong...sounds weak.

Im thinking I need to change my coils as they were giving me abit of grief earlier...but the car still starts first pop..

Check your cam settings as mine were out of place just yesterday!! Me and my mechanic spent 5hrs figuring out what could be wrong.. my car felt like it was running on 2 cylinders! found out that my cam settings were out of place! hope that be help! but I'm sure 90% that is whats wrong with your car!