Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Can all subaru be changed from Auto to Man?

Bazza-NZ

Hey

Just need to know if all Subarus have the ability to change the transmission, of detailed a 1994 Legacy GT Sedan?

by this i mean they already have the pre-cut holes through the firewall etc that would allow the change to happen etc...

Cheers

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

fun as :) ull need a manual drive shaft too.. theyre different lengths and make sure the diffs match!!!!!!

good luck dude and post pics!!

Just check with the BD/BG guys that your not gonna have wiring nightmares with the ECU. I'm pretty sure some of the BD/BG GT's came out with the ECU of 1 plug fail. Otherwise all the wholes are in the firewall, they just have bungs plugging them up

u will need...

manual drive shaft

manual rear diff

there will be ecu wiring (to be specific ... wiring the rear reverse lights to go on when in reverse)

you may need a manual ecu as well (altho i had a manual ecu running in an auto prior to manual conversion...but believe theres a diff when runnin in manual?? not sure)

the_return_of_the_jedi']

fun as :) ull need a manual drive shaft too.. theyre different lengths and make sure the diffs match!!!!!!

good luck dude and post pics!!

Got a whole 90 RS Legacy for parts, Which i'm 99% sure most parts will be able to be used in the GT, The RS has some structural damage, so switching over the stuff into the GT might be an idea i'm playing with :o

[quote name='matdaymon said:

Just check with the BD/BG guys that your not gonna have wiring nightmares with the ECU. I'm pretty sure some of the BD/BG GT's came out with the ECU of 1 plug fail. Otherwise all the wholes are in the firewall, they just have bungs plugging them up

I've got a wire in Link ECU so shouldn't bee too much of an issue even if it was, Link WTF

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

here is my manual conversion kit i am selling, its off a 95 BG5 leggy wagon, dunno if wagon components are the same as sedan.

url]http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,13365.0.html[/url]

It has a 4 plug manual ECU

Thanks for the offer, however having a manual RS sitting on the law i might have all the parts i need ;)

ahhh true, i must have missed that part ;D

gazzy2000']

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

here is my manual conversion kit i am selling, its off a 95 BG5 leggy wagon, dunno if wagon components are the same as sedan.

url]http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,13365.0.html[/url]

It has a 4 plug manual ECU

Thanks for the offer, however having a manual RS sitting on the law i might have all the parts i need ;)

ahhh true, i must have missed that part ;D

All Goods, If i do pick it up then i might need your help at some stage, as i'm keen as hell to get rid of the TT system and put in the RS motor and setup (FMIC) etc so i might need someone with some experience to help out if i get stuck

Guest keltik

Only ones that arent straightforward are the SVX, the GT30/RS30/Lancaster6, early EA81 body cars and maybe some other oddball models.

Guest boostin
 Bazza-NZ said:

The RS has some structural damage

Hang on, back this sh*t up!! RS has structural damage?? What did I miss??!! :o

boostin']

[quote name='Bazza-NZ said:

The RS has some structural damage

/quote]

Hang on, back this sh*t up!! RS has structural damage?? What did I miss??!! :o

the inner RH guard had been cut to fit inter-cooler pipping which caused for some concern with the WOF guy and even the cert guy.. See Photo Below

18063_104039556288745_100000481043032_10

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

ahh wtf??

thats some bulls*** man.

did they say because the hole is too big?

can it not be repaired?

uv got like 50km of piping there im sure that would probably give more strength than 3mm of steel lol

boostin said:

That's horsesh*t!! And you're changing shells because of that?? Just get it welded up!

Yeah that it, i'm considering taking out of town to a different cert guy and see what he says, or taking it to Mac Built and see what they say

That picture makes it look a little smaller than actually is

Guest boostin

What a wanker. Just get the rest of the hole welded up and looking tidy and factory. And go see a different WOF guy.

boostin said:

What a wanker. Just get the rest of the hole welded up and looking tidy and factory. And go see a different WOF guy.

He even took photo's of the car and filled up some form etc and loaded something into the computer - not 100% sure what he was doing but meh

Was considering maybe a massive cold air intake box ;D, I would still need to gt some rust repaired etc. and find this "exhaust leak front pipe" but otherwise it should be all good to go

Right now there is a twin turbo legacy that is going cheap so i'm thinking a single conversion on that turn it into a sleeper :P