Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fitting my bucket seats

off2harrys

off2harrys said:

Hey just got some momo buckets for my car whats the deal with fitting them?ive got the side brackets do they have to get modified to my original rails to make them legal or can they just be bolted to the floor?oh and its a 4dr

I think you'll have to use the factory bolt holes or you'll need a cert... and the floor isn't suitable anyway, no meat in it.

You could get some subaru rails from a wrecker, and bolt the side mounts to them... or

if you are handy with a welder you could make some brackets that fit the factory bolt

holes... then bolt the side mounts to them.

Yep no cert required if you can use standard rails in the factory holes, but if you need to weld stuff together, then I'm pretty sure you'll need that certed, even if you still use the factory holes.

Whether Mr WOF Man would actually know if it's been welded is another thing.

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 off2harrys said:

Ok prob a stupid question but why do you even need a/m rails why cant you just use your old rails and if the holes dont match up just drill in the appropriate area and bolt on?

the bolts?

lol fair question but the bolts thread into the brackets which are mounted to your car..

if you drill holes you wont have threads :P

The holes made on the rails are usualy there for a reason. The are in the best place possible for load bearing etc.

If you hit the back of a car and your seat snaps off the rails cause you drilled a hole and weakened part of the rail you'd be in a whole mess off shit. I think you can weld adapters on but you definately that done by a ticketed welder so you can get it certified accordingly.

Also, some seats are side mount and some are bottem mount. Obivously they dont work together. That is the case with OP's seats.

Guest boostcut

just buy the proper seat rails. you are allowed to have the seat non adjusting- ie bolted with a bracket to the floor but you need it certed. i take it you want the seats but dont want to do it properly?

il tell you this for free, if you have a crash and they arnt certed. goodbye insurance hello bruno in jail. with a cock the size of a coke can

Hmm nah i wanna do it properly theres a few sets on tm that im looking at n are for subarus aparently but dont wanna buy them in case they dont fit my seats,i myt have to pull my seats out to see how they work.with the non adjusting bases do they they just bolt directly to the holes in seat and to the floor?sorry for all the stupid questions

Guest boostcut

what seats do you have? as the side mounted rails you can get are multi positional, and will fit basically any seat. some seats also have side and bottom mount,

Guest boostcut

you will find that one seat manufacturer will use the same bolt pattern as all of the seats they manufacture. so brad bolted his rails to the bottom of the seats, so yours should too. pull them out and have a look.

This is well and truly over my head the bolt holes for th original seats are bout 43cm apart my new seats bolt holes are about 35cm wide it doesnt look like theyd bolt on anyway as the Subaru rails arent flat so wouldnt sit flush on the base of seat.