Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Mongoose Installation ??

uwa8nc

Hey guys,Just bought a car Yesterday But it didn't come with an alarm.

Just wondering if anyone on here know's an alarm Technician

Who Can put in a 5-Star Insuarnce Approved Mongoose alarm Fitted in my car for a resonable price,

If you can reply on here or PM me,it would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks for your time guys,

Hope youze had a Safe Weekend :)

Drunkenmonkey said:

hey

AVS are our club sponsors and have technicalness nationwide have you bought the alarm already??

Hey buddy no i haven't bought the alarm yet,But how much $$ are we talking for a 5 star - Insurance Approved alaram?

Guest boostin
 uwa8nc']

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

hey

AVS are our club sponsors and have technicalness nationwide have you bought the alarm already??

/quote]

Hey buddy no i haven't bought the alarm yet,But how much $$ are we talking for a 5 star - Insurance Approved alaram?

http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&q=avs&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bc380fe86672703b

That brings up...

http://www.avs.net.nz/

And...

http://www.avscarsecurity.com/alarms/

Need any more??

funny_613.jpg

boostin']

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

hey

/quote]

http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&q=avs&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bc380fe86672703b

That brings up...

http://www.avs.net.nz/

And...

http://www.avscarsecurity.com/alarms/

Need any more??

funny_613.jpg

649$ for a 5 star alarm thats really expensive mate thanks for your time,but i think ill pass.:)

DON'T TAKE THE MONGOOSE. DON'T DO IT.

Just FYI I had a 5-star M60G a few years ago. GUESS WHAT, my car went for a wander from outside my house >:( The only thing that saved it is it's a piece of sh*t that looks like an STi, and the crims finally figured it out after raping it against its 6200rpm redline.

Get a REAL alarm - AVS or Dynatron at least. $649 is for your car staying on the bloody driveway/garage where you left it. Dynatron D7800 is a tad cheaper and seems reliable enough.

choose a good installer, registered one. Ask for references etc. Any muppet can now install the alarm but very often it means it can be ripped off or by passed in couple sec. Mongoose units are monstrous in size- means you can't really hide them. If you can't hide your alarm unit effectively it would be just waste of money anyway.

Get Autowatch or even better, Cobra alarm- those are best the money can get. Autowatch will probably set you back about $700 plus with installation included, but again, it all depends on installer skills!

mind you, most installers like to supply and install alarms, not installing something you have bought off TM.

I got 027ALARMED to install my Mongoose M60 5star... was a bit steep at $380 installed but he came to my work and did a bloody good job - he does the AVS S5 too, but i didn't wanna go spending too much - think he charges around $450... you should be able to get the M80 installed for about $399.00. Make sure whoever you go to is NZSA registered, they'll give you an install cert etc... you can check on the net if they are registered.

Mongoose units are monstrous in size- means you can't really hide them. If you can't hide your alarm unit effectively it would be just waste of money anyway.

They hid mine very well - My M60 is bloody small... had to go on a bit of a mission to find it as i needed to turn the senitivity down... didn't want the M80 only coz it has shock sensors that i hate - people break thru windows, not thru panel steel, mine has window sensors only + the usual bonnet, boot, doors and dual immobilzer..

DarkCrystal GTB said:

I got 027ALARMED to install my Mongoose M60 5star... was a bit steep at $380 installed but he came to my work and did a bloody good job - he does the AVS S5 too, but i didn't wanna go spending too much - think he charges around $450... you should be able to get the M80 installed for about $399.00. Make sure whoever you go to is NZSA registered, they'll give you an install cert etc... you can check on the net if they are registered.

Thanks mate Might give that guy a call.And get the M80 Hopefully he does it for the price that you suggested.Fingers crossed ;D

DarkCrystal GTB said:

Mongoose units are monstrous in size- means you can't really hide them. If you can't hide your alarm unit effectively it would be just waste of money anyway.

They hid mine very well - My M60 is bloody small... had to go on a bit of a mission to find it as i needed to turn the senitivity down... didn't want the M80 only coz it has shock sensors that i hate - people break thru windows, not thru panel steel, mine has window sensors only + the usual bonnet, boot, doors and dual immobilzer..

You can't adjust the M60 at the Module, maybe you found the glass break sensor? It is quite small ???

Cobra-v-Mongoose.jpg

Mongoose M60 is huge next to the Cobra 8509

446rli-premium-v-mongoose-300x163.jpg

Mongoose M60 on the right next to an Autowatch 446RLi

Be warned: The M80 is bigger than the M60! ;D

Ok guy's just spent the last hour or so going through all the possible alarm installer websites like avs,Dynatron,hyper,auto security sys etc etc.

And also had a look at all the NZSA Approved guys on those websites as well has trade me.

Trade me has quite a few different types of alarms at reasonable prices.

What do you reckon if i get http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Alarms-security/Mongoose/auction-311875577.htm

For a mongoose or

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Alarms-security/AVS/auction-311969705.htm

But the AVS is a bit more expensive.What do you guy's think,

And very curious to know what alarm's you guys use ???

Shale said:

Like I said. Don't look for the cheapest alarm, you'll get the cheapest result. Hit AVS up any day over the Mongoose. You want to KEEP your car...

But,look at the picture of the AVS on Trade me compared to the Mongoose.It look's so basic :P lol.

Or any of the other alarms mentioned in the thread. AVS are our sponsors, Dynatron has saved my car from being nicked twice now (installed after the M60G was obliterated), and they aren't even the best. They are just the most common, and harder to defeat than a Mongoose.

Also - DON'T install it under the steering column because that's the easiest place. Install it ANYWHERE but there. ;) The harder it is for you to install, the harder it is for thieves to get into it.

Guest boostin

Get something that can be upgraded to a SMS alert system later. The car will text you if the alarm goes off, battery going flat etc.

Shale said:

Or any of the other alarms mentioned in the thread. AVS are our sponsors, Dynatron has saved my car from being nicked twice now (installed after the M60G was obliterated), and they aren't even the best. They are just the most common, and harder to defeat than a Mongoose.

Also - DON'T install it under the steering column because that's the easiest place. Install it ANYWHERE but there. ;) The harder it is for you to install, the harder it is for thieves to get into it.

Thats a good point,When you say under the steering coloumn do you mean next to the ignition barrel and stuff?..

boostin said:

Get something that can be upgraded to a SMS alert system later. The car will text you if the alarm goes off, battery going flat etc.

Not sure what those alarm's are,but for now getting alot of positive feedback for an AVS,So might look into buying it and getting it installed sometime this week!

Shale said:

Bit further back, under the kick panel. For some inexplicable reason a lot are installed right THERE where you can swat around with your hand, instead of somewhere useful and creative.

Guessing you don't want to mention on here,where useful and creative is.But feel free to PM me ;D

Thanks to the guy's that have Pm'd me,Thanks for taking your time,Much appreciated boys.

The info i have got about AvS Is mind blowing.

Guess that's the one i have to buy now and get one of the boys who are the sponsors on here to fit it for me :).

Once again.Thanks for the Info!