Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2001 Impreza 2.0litre non turbo (20N)

wreckd

I have just purchased a 2001 non turbo impreza hatch back for my sister. It has done 109000kms. The problem/amusement is that it only does 400kilometers out of a full tank of gas. I use unleaded 91. This car is a non turbo 2litre. I would have thought it would do more than 400kilometers of highway driving? Do you guys have any recomendations to what i can do. I have got all servicing done except:

Havent changed spark plugs

Havent changed fuel filter

Does anyone here think fuel economy will increase greately due to changing fuel filter and spark plugs?

How many kilometers would you get out of a turbo wrx 2litre on highway driving?

I have the bug-eye WRX, pretty much stock engine wise..

with the occasional boost, and nana-ing it to work.. I get about 440-480 kms on a full tank (~50 L)

mind you, this is city driving, start - stop..

I won't consider the "highway" that we have in Chch a highway..

The fuel tank capacity of a non turbo 2.0litre is 50L. Damn the reason why I chose a non turbo was because iw thought it would be chaeper on gas. Sounda like the turbo and the non turbo's nearly have the same economy!

Yes that car is triptronic.

Also another issue is when you put your foot down from stop position, it doesnt seem to have any power until it gets up to 2500rpm than it goes fine. This only happens in first gear (triptronic).

I have reset the ECU and used 98 octane. Actually went through few full tanks using 98 just to be sure but still no difference seen/felt.

The issue of lagg is only when stop start until around 2500rpm. When cruising and you put the foot down it is fine.

How much are the O2 sensors?

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same car also - when we first got it ran it on 91, was using a ton of gas (350k to tankish) and had jerky horrible performance - dealer changed the 02 sensors and AFM, and recommended 98 - would never look back, after an ecu reset we are getting about 500kms of city driving and about 650ish on open road....i don't think it's too bad, my bc5 gets about 350k to a tank on a good day lolz