Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Oil in exhaust

xsvpwr

Hey guys,

What is the most likely reason for small amounts of oil in the exhaust (swipe finger just inside rear lip of muffler and finger picks up oil). Vehicle is BG5 Legacy TT. I have noticed that primary turbo seems very weak since I noticed the oil so is it possible that is poked and sending oil into the exhaust system? Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Ben

Guest boostcut

are you sure its oil? every turbo car, unless running c16 or aviation fuel will run with a black exhaust. its what they do. if its still running fine, and not using huge quantitys of oil and not visibly smoking out hthe tail pipe, your fine.

yeah bro it's oil. No doubt about it, just drove home from work and is very hesitant under load to the point of almost cutting out and plenty of oil in the tail pipe. Couldnt figure out if it was just condensation or smoke coming out the rear as only live 5 min from work.

interesting that you are getting oil out of the exhaust, i would have assumed that it would at lest burn off on the hot exhaust temp, If you are having boost issues it might point to the turbos but i would check your codes first

What i'd do would be to check your car for any CEL's and see if something is throwing an error first and see if this fixes any issues with the boost

otherwise my next step would be to look at the turbo's themselves for any sign of leaking around the outside, and if you really want take off the down pipe section of the exhaust and check the exhaust housing side for any oil leaks etc..

no CEL or codes, lots of smoke from passenger side near turbo after 15 mins driving but was dark so couldnt see exactly where it was coming from. Turbo response poor and oil dripping under front left but can't see where its coming from

yeah I will hopefully tomorrow get the shields off and check it out, I honestly can't tell if it is blowing smoke out the back as it was bloody cold in Wellington last night so lots of condensation escaping exhaust. Plenty of smoke out the front when I pulled up home but unfortunately don't have a garage or decent light to look and see where smoke was coming from. Will get the heat shield off tomorrow, tools? Sockets & screwdrivers? I guess remove intercooler and then go from there?