Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX reliability

S T E Y E said:

just going off experience etc...i use to build motors and was allways was told by many of other motor builders to never idle the engine upon a new rebuild...as the bores will glaze....

its down to preference...if u wana idle ur car up thats fine...

but if u look at it from this point of view...add up all that 5-6 minutes of idling ur engine...think that all that running ISNT on the odometer.....

not to mention the gas u use..

even caltex had a huge write up a wile ago about idling ur engine upto temp... its better to have the engine under load during warmup

but its all to do with ur own preference....

u treat ur car how u want to as u mod the car how u want to

I cant drive my car after 30secs of idling as the aftermarket ecu it has doesnt like being driven cold :( .....does sitting in traffic cause the same damaging effect?

off2harrys said:

no performance cars ever really gonna be that reliable,you dont buy them for reliability,ejs seem to be less forgiving to being raped though from what ive seen of mates cars,buy a honda if you wont reliability and a bit of power

Yup Honda do build reliable engines when kept NA, only problem you'll have is maybe an electrical fault but not that big... maybe a relay, starter? My Integra went really well clocked 280,000k's, raped it here and there had an oil leak too an still went fine no knocks at all!! Occasionally had to top up with oil every 2weeks, I regret selling too, because the new owner swapped it for a car that wasn't working dumb ass!! Don't ask why and how.... Drunk bastard.

But to the guy who started the post if you're buying a Subaru or any car it comes down to how you treat it. I love my Legacy she's a 1991 and it's treated right and it's still going after 2years of being owned by me with 215,000k's on it. Only problem I had was the fuel pump but that was an easy fix.