Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

adjustable actuater

hey i just been in a nice drive in my maates s13 silvia.its prty fast and running a adjustable actuater,i was just wondering if there is one avablie for gc8 models.i intend to keep my internal gate

it actuates the watsegate

hope your setting down.....

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0001&product=FMAC3SUB

my mate got the non adjustable one on his V7, you can actually just order them with a stronger spring.

We reckon tha stronger spring the better, it means less work for the boost controller

Quality++

I've got one off a PE1820 which is actually just a modified one with a stronger spring in it, wastegate pressure is about 14psi on my turbo so I guess its probably just got 2 springs in it.

Heres a pic of mine

img2139b.jpg

the ones with the adjustable threaded rod can only do so much efficiantly...u can take ur standard one off and thread it and cut it and out some nuts on it etc and do it urself....but y dont u be like everyone else and save alot of hassle and just run a decent boost controller ie ebc?

lol iduno my experince with boost controllers are crap.iv tried a boost controller on a few of my turbo cars and i havnt really had much sucsess setting them tap to the boost i want,also i dont likt how taps try and run diffrent boost each gear,i want one boost level,ebc is too expenisve for me at the moment

well i guess urv been running a shitty as 30 dolelr ball and spring tap yeah???

get ur hands on a GFB atomik tap if u dont have much money..they work brilliant...

works perfect on my external gate with the restrictor drilled and also a mate had a 97 wrx sedan JDM spec with yellow injectors and VF22 and running internal gate and a GFB tap it would run 16 psi smooth as a nut...

u pay for quality thats y ebcs WORK and are expensive

Simon C said:

Why not just use a boost controller?

I guess you mean an aftermarket boost controller?

A stronger spring will hold the wastegate shut longer when coming on boost, so it helps the boost come on quicker (less chance of the wastegate getting forced open) and it just means the boost controller doesn't need to work as hard to control the boost. Which reduces the likelyhood of boost spike.

I was using mine with a profec b spec 2 and it worked brilliantly, although some boost controllers can be tricky to tune

but even a profec will run higher boost when its a cold night compared to a hot day, but they will usually boost the same in every gear.

sti8u said:

what do you mean you drilled the restricter?

iv explained this how many times...

when running the internal gate with a soft spring u leave the 1mm restrictor in the GFB controller ..

my external has a 12psi spring so with the restrictor i got spike...drilled the restrictor out and all works perfectly boosting 16psi all day long

Stoffa said:

thats not really explaining it very well.

what else u want me 2 say??

ive said the tap has a 1mm restrictor...this works well with internal gates with soft springs like i said..it helps to keep them shut longer on spool to stop the gate creeping open...

on an external gate with a hard spring the restrictor has lost its purpose as the spring is what keeps in shut on spool..so u drill out the restrictor and u get no more boost spike...

added a few words but is basicly the same thing...