Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Intakes

igkgunn

When going from a V2 with 90 degree inlet turbo to a straight inlet turbo, what is the best way to run the intake?

Will a later model intake manifold bolt straight up to fit an intake under the manifold?

Is a twisted turbo exhaust and a custom intake going to be heavy on the wallet and are the returns worth it over going under the manifold?

Input appreciated ;)

I have bolted a ver 3 manifold to a ver 2 motor before and it all fits . . I had to slightly tweek the hose on the air idle controller but nothing major . You just need to mod wiring for throttle position sensor as they run back wards to the old model . Nothing major though . But the ver 2 throttle wont fit on you need to use ver 3 throttle body and ver 3 tps . . . Its all not much really and the gains are good. . . While your at it put an after market over sized silicone intake (the one under the manifold) as the standard ones crack and leak and can get sucked into your turbo (claimed the life of my vf22) and also the silicone ones are much larger giving better response :) hope some of this helps

WRXONP said:

Na I doubt you would . . . But the ver 3 manifold has longer runners . You will gain power with it . .

In that case would it be worth canging to v3 wasted spark setup as well? more reliable, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to rewire that

I have heard you can wire it up to the ver 2 wiring loom . . Have seen it running on a car but I have not done this my self so cant really comment on how to go about It . . . Would be similar to wiring wasted spark up to a rb which I have done . Just a matter of changing a few wires

igkgunn']

[quote name='sultan said:

is it a td05 coming off? wanna sell?

/quote]

Nah man, turbo is shagged

what's wrong with it? i'm looking for a td05 to rebuild. does it still have the actuator on it? i need a good exhaust housing (no cracks) and shaft. no soot around the middle clamp

Its a td04 anyway bro, havent got it off yet but it was putting metal filings through my intake so its sitting there waiting for replacement to turn up. It seems like compressor wheel filings

• 2 weeks later...
 WRXONP said:

I have bolted a ver 3 manifold to a ver 2 motor before and it all fits . . I had to slightly tweek the hose on the air idle controller but nothing major . You just need to mod wiring for throttle position sensor as they run back wards to the old model . Nothing major though . But the ver 2 throttle wont fit on you need to use ver 3 throttle body and ver 3 tps . . . Its all not much really and the gains are good. . . While your at it put an after market over sized silicone intake (the one under the manifold) as the standard ones crack and leak and can get sucked into your turbo (claimed the life of my vf22) and also the silicone ones are much larger giving better response :) hope some of this helps

Is there anyone who does intakes like this that aren't samco and cost $500?

WRXONP said:

I'm going through and test fitting my v3 intake mani and having trouble with a couple of things. The throttle cable doesn't seem to even come close to fitting the throttle body from the mount on the manifold, and my power steering is getting in the way of the intake. I have the power steering pump with the round reservoir, but it's not the reservoir getting in the way, its the lines to the rack.

Will I need to go to to wreckers and get a throttle cable from a v3?

Will I need to get a different P/S Pump?