Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

pink injectors into v6 sti

tez n u

they do plug in,

on the plug on the injector there are two locating strips, one on eace side, if you cut them off they plug straight onto the factory plug. also you can fit the entire v7/8 intake manifold can be used and that way the larger intercooler can be used

hmmm last time the mechanics tried - it didnt fit..

maybe they didnt do it right..

or was it that sensors needed swap over and wiring redone...

cant remember ???

but yea something custom had to be done so we just stuck with the v6 manifold...

u have FMIC so i dont think ther is much need to spend up on doing the manifold etc...

If using ver 6 manifold and after market fuel rails on top fed ver 7 injector all I suggest is checking the injector clearance . . As in not pushing the injector in to hard and also not leaving it too loose to leak . . Ie spacing the fuel rail to suit

thanks guys.....after i take out the two strips is there a chance the plug will pop off easy? Dont want that happening under boost :( .......also will the injector drop in with aftermarket top feed fuel rails?

tez n u said:

thanks guys.....after i take out the two strips is there a chance the plug will pop off easy? Dont want that happening under boost :( .......also will the injector drop in with aftermarket top feed fuel rails?

i got a set of spare plugs that are off top feed inj, $15 posted and there yours

pappu said:

cant remember ???

but yea something custom had to be done so we just stuck with the v6 manifold...

u have FMIC so i dont think ther is much need to spend up on doing the manifold etc...

I have done it on my old bh and used the V5/6 throttle body, had to make an adapter plate out of 3mm alloy, took about 5 mins to make, very easy and that way the sensor issue is bypassed, looks good having it on there to.

how to fit the throttle body http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,16720.0.html

154212_472667232197_507372197_5880777_47

xecuta said:

My mate just did this for someone

Got both the rail and injectors from

A gdb

Hey bro can you mate do the same mod for me? how much does he charge and can he do it for a version 6 manifold if i supply gdb rails and injectors?

Mattapo']

[quote name='pappu said:

cant remember ???

/quote]

I have done it on my old bh and used the V5/6 throttle body, had to make an adapter plate out of 3mm alloy, took about 5 mins to make, very easy and that way the sensor issue is bypassed, looks good having it on there to.

how to fit the throttle body http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,16720.0.html

I think the v5 and v6 intake manifold bolt pattern is different from the leagcy and imprezas before v5 and after v6 :( so im kinda stuck now and finding new aftermarket injectors is becoming hard as well, anyone with any ideas where i can find some bolt on injectors or maybe topfeed fuel rails for v5 and v6?

any v5+ manifold will bolt onto your V5 heads, I'm using V8 sti manifold on my V5 heads. There are only two different bolt pattern possibilities

You could just put some big sidefeds in and be done. Alot less drama

tez n u']

[quote name='xecuta said:

My mate just did this for someone

Got both the rail and injectors from

A gdb

/quote]

Hey bro can you mate do the same mod for me? how much does he charge and can he do it for a version 6 manifold if i supply gdb rails and injectors?

yep he can.. think he did one for stoffa and another guy for $100 plus shipping? hes a full qualify engineer and tool maker... work on my car.

his name is Jamie from Upperhutt pm me for his numbers