• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

vf28 + tuned extactor install

maserati mick

Just ask the dude u got the turbo off

Perhaps may have it handy

Save u the hassle of finding one....

Anyway worse case just use the td04 one for now till u get the right one

Despite what all the theory is - in my old Wrx we swapped a vf28 from the td04 and just used the old bolt for a while

Next time turbo Was out put the right bolt in

Car still running ok to this day almost 3 years now

Oh well the bolt is cheap so just get one and be done with it as won't be hassle anymore

One thing to think about when you change to a different oil feed banjo is an oil restrictor, as far as I know all the VF's need the oil flow restricted do they dont force too much into the turbo. Someone else my know more about sizes though.

Looking at the driven performance ones, they look like the bolt is the restrictor so you would definatly need to get the correct one

call any place that deals with subarus alot. they'll probably sell you one for 5-10 bucks cash which will go in the beer fund. or talk to winger, they probably have them new for like 20 bucks. or call the bolt shop with the thread size and length and restrictor size, it's probably an off the shelf item. or put a WTB in the wanted section, i'm sure some one will have one spare and probably give it to you

one of those ideas will get you the correct size. don't use the wrong size. it's not worth fucking your turbo

yeah mate. just to clear confusion . the hole size In the banJo bolt is the oil restrictor . the diameter of the in and out hole on the bolt meters the amount of oil flow. to make it easy. a wet floating type bearing needs More oil flow so the banJo has larger holes to let more oil into the turbo as these turbos use aoil to take up the play In the shaft and support it. these Are td04.td05.vf30 etc non ball bearing. now ball bearing turbos require less oil so the restrictor has smaller holes . . lol

Just checked out a few banjo bolt sizes, my original vf28 had approx .8-.9mm at the head banjo and approx 1.1mm at the turbo end. my mates car which was originally running a vf30 (sealed thrust bearing) and is now running a vf36P20 hybrid was originally running approx 1.3mm at the turbo end, but his turbo was leaking oil when running the original vf30 restrictors. hes about to swap over to run my vf28 (ball bearing) restrictors to see if it stops the oil leaking.

Both factory oil lines also have very small restrictor where the banjos bolt on.