Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Need Help With Subs And Amp

Hey I have just got 2 Fusion Power Plant sub woofers 12 inch to put into my Subaru Legacy. And lets face it, I have no idea about electronics. So if anyone could help me figure out what amp I'm going to need to run these it would be greatly appreciated! The person who I got them off said that they were oversized? I don't know if that is relevant but hey.

The Fusion website says this as specifications but its gibberish to me seriously.

Specifications

Coil Height (Hvc)

Compliance (Cms)

Cone Area (Sd)

D.C. Coil Resistance (Re)

Electrical Q (Qes)

Force Factor (Bl)

Free Air Resonance (Fs)

25Hz-2kHz

Frequency Response

Linear Excurson (Xmax)

Max Power (Watts)

Mechanical Excursion (mm)

Mechanical Q (Qms)

167mm

Mounting Depth

295mm

Mounting Diameter

333mm

Outside Diameter

RMS Power Rating (Watts)

Sensitivity (dB)

Total Loudspeaker Q (Qts)

VAS (CuFt)

These are the subs here

1778670654a10654212226l.jpg

1778670654a10654212278l.jpg

i guess each to their own for picking a brand as such, but id buy something like 600watts 2channel amp and run them in parallel. but thats a starting point.

but really how much do you want to spend?

I'm looking to spend like $200 max really, I don't mind buying second hand, how many watts or RMS do i have to look for when I buy?

either u wait awhile and save or do something with ur budget. you can get it going with that sort of money and it will be loud. with a bigger amp it will be lounder.

but really your the one that has to be happy at the end of the day. but realistic how loud will it be all the time?

Haha well I'm 16 so it will be loud like 60% of the time but I'm on a really tight budget as I'm still trying to find a job. But if one of those will do the job to power one then I'll get one going then in time replace the box and hopefully buy a D - Class amp to run them both on. Just curiously are these subs any good? They were a gift from all of my friends and I haven't done any research on them yet.

Haha yeah I was stoked when i got them they, accept when I had to carry them down heaps of stairs (MISH!!!) haha. Whats sq and spl? And thanks for all the help I'll be buying that amp asap!

IMO those v-12, saga, etc... amps with 1200w labels are a waste of time. When in fact they are 75-85w rms x4. Trust me my mate had one running two subs I put my alpine 350W monoblock in and it blew the subs away - I picked that up s/h for about 170 so save up and get a decent branded amp. Not those trademe knock-off equivalents!

Went to a friends today to try the subs out on his amps and they went mean so I have decided to get some form of Fusion amp, I cant remember what one all I know is it is 900w RMS and that its like $600

yeah the fusion monoblock amps aren't too bad, pretty good value actually - i was gonna get one myself...model PP-M10001 or something like that but yeah 900W RMS would be ideal for that setup :)

other ones to consider are the jaycar reponse precision ones they have a 1000W monoblock for about $500 - someone on here can supply them a bit cheaper?

Yeah i know i just wanted to take a pic of it with all the stuff together, I'm putting speakers into the middle seat in the back seat haha

Lol yeah they are random home speakers that my DJ friend canabilised to put into them into the car for me. We broke the amplifier that runs them in my room so we figured we could just shove them into the car and see how we go.

dude, if u have not gotten any amps yet then i suggest jaycar response series - they are the best value for money in almost every catogary there is for amp comparison..

highly recomend their 1000w rms unit - its cheap and built like a cold war russien tank!!

alpine, pioneer and the likes are good but the jaycar one has the same quality construction and outgrunts most amps for the $$ u pay..

u will not regret a jaycar amp - that is certain!!