• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Boss Kits

funkytown

So i've had a little search (and education) and it looks like one needs

* Short hub (boss kit)

* Quick release

* steering wheel that fits the above.

I want a quick release set up to go in with other current mods.

What im looking for is answers or options of good quality gear. I've found NRG stuff but looks like their short hub is made for 02 - 07, is their any reason for that or would it fit earlier models?

What else is about?

Only difference on mine was a plastic plate thing on the back of the boss kit that part of the clock spring sat in I guess? - I just pulled it out.

From memory, BT's NRG one didnt have anything like that (prob cos they are designed for competition cars so airbags would be removed anyway I guess?)

funkytown said:

So you and BT have the same 'short hub' boss kit? + the quick release yes?

if the short boss is a go then il probably go with the 2.5 quick release to match, tried and tested.

No, I dont have a quick release wheel. I have a normal boss kit (which came from one of the first imported Version 8 Spec Cs at a local car yard as he had to put the airbag wheel back on the car for sale) and then I have a spacer between the boss and the wheel to move it closer to me since I prefer a very close driving position as it is more comfortable/controllable for me (kinda strange cos anyone else my size sits in my car and wonders how the hell I can actually drive it all squished up like that!)

ok thanks Tony,

from that logic then if BT can use the NRG short boss, and you can use a boss off the same car as BT's one would assume the NRG is capable of fitting a GC..

Yer appreciate yours is close ( i think i remember someone saying). The reason we want the short boss, is because the quick release takes up the rest of the 'depth' of the wheel placement. and it has 20mm or more of adjustment so they say.

(I also like the wheel reasonably close)