Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Could be gauge, could be sensor...

pixel-pimp

So Ive noticed this happening more and more lately, where I will be driving, and all of a sudden the water temp gauge will just drop to nothing. Then, it will miraculously fix itself, only to drop again (usually when on boost). Turning the car off will reset this, and it might be fine for the next 2-3 times I drive it, then all of a sudden happens again.

included is a short video link on youtube, youll want to mute it as the bass distorted my mic on my phone...

haha gc, sorry, easiest option take the dash gauges out and check the grounds/ clean with contact cleaner. if not sensor would be the next step, seeming to be common for wrxs around this age..

thats my stock gauge, havent touched anything to do with it. not mechanically smart enough to bother messing with engine things myself haha. will pull the dash off and clean the contacts hoping its that, failing that ill check with the local auto sparky to see if he can get me a new gauge

heres the easiest way you can rule out the wiring which indicates the sensor is faulty

take plug off the single wire coolant temp sensor (single wire temp sensor for gauge and twin wire for ecu)...the single wire sensor earths through the thread like a spark plug does...

so anyway as i was saying..remove wire from sensor and put a split pin in so it gets contact on the wire and earth the split pin..the gauge should rise to maximum (with key on)...if it does this..then the sensor is faulty

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies