Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What line do I hook a boost tap to on TT Legacy

• General Member

which one goes to wastegate?

lookup the install guide : try google

or there are install manuals in the gadgets section on this forum which will also tell you

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/board,54.0.html

specifically page 53 of Apexi Avc-R manuals http://www.fd3s.net/AVC-R_manual.pdf

sorry it doesnt give a line number but has cool pictures!

Increase Boost on Sequential Turbo Setup (Basic)

This modification is as above, but using a manual bleed valve instead. By using a manual bleed valve, ths arrangement becomes significantly more stable and a lot safer because you can control the boost. The only catch with using a manual bleed valve, is that the boost does not get compensated for when the weather gets hotter. This can cause problems because you really should be reducing your boost in hot weather to protect the engine from over heating and piston meltdown....

To perform this modification, first you will need a bleed valve. There are many options here, but I have chosen a simple manual bleed valve called a "Turbosmart". These retail for around AU$100 at most performance shops.

To plumb the valve in, locate the pipes which go to the standard boost controller for the primary turbo, they are pipes numbered 10 and 23 which disappear into the passenger side front mudguard. The boost controller is located in there. These pipes have joiners on them as well. What you need to do, is by using these pipes, or new ones, make a pipe that runs from the pipe outlet on the pressure side of the primary turbo, you will see the fitting with the pipe coming off it at the front of the turbo on the LHS looking from the front of the car. You run the pipe from here, to the bleed valve. The run another pipe from the bleed valve to the wastegate actuator for the primary turbo.

You MUST have a boost guage to set this up, because, what you then do is adjust the bleed valve right in, so screw it all the way in to make the boost as low as possible. This will stop the valve from bleeding air, which will make the wastegate operate at about 6-9 psi. Once you confirm this, start winding out the bleed valve a turn at a time. It might take a while, but be patient and don't go more than a turn at a time. You will slowly start to see the boost increase as you turn. It may take you 6-10 turns, but once it starts making a difference, it will happen fairly quickly.

This make sense to anyone?

Increase Boost on Sequential Turbo Setup (Basic)

This modification is definitely a risky modification unless you have a boost gauge installed and working. You must keep an eye on your boost. Whilst the ECU will cut the engine if it maintains boost over 18 psi, it is not a good idea to do this regularly and it can cause damage running high boost without modifying other items.

This modification is straightforward and can provide instant increases in power. The degree of increase is directly affected by whether you have any exhaust modifications of not. My suggestion is to make the engine breath better before doing anything else. You may notice that an exhaust alone may not provide huge increases in power, but by doing this, you allow everything else to work more efficiently and that will allow you to modify other components to give you significant increases in power. To increase the boost on the primary turbo, can also decrease it's life, so you need to make a decision as to whether you are willing to take this risk or not. I have not had any problems as yet, but that's no guarantee. To perform this modification, simply locate the two vacuum hoses going into the passenger side front guard, or fender, and disconnect them at the two joiners. The hose numbers are 10 and 23. If you follow the pipes, you will see that one pipe comes off a "T" piece which connects from the outlet of the primary turbo across to the waste gate actuator. Connect a boost controller between these two pipes, preferably a good quality electronic type, or a manual bleed valve. What you are effectively doing, is allowing the pressure from the turbo to activate the waste gate, but with you in control of when.

• 2 months later...

That's the instructions for a 1994 bg5 as well I didn't have those when I did mine tho basically mate if you want and easy way to do it. Between your battery and windscreen water resvoir you will see too lines going in to the side guard called number 23 and number 10 pull them out and plug them together then locate your turbo with the wastegate on it on mine it's on the passenger side there will be a vac line running from turbo to wastegate with a t piece on it unplug line 23 from here plug up with a small screw bolt then you put your boost controller in between turbo and wastegate and don't put it past 18 psi. if you can provide picture or make and model I can tell you what to do next of boost controller