Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Tomei Arms M7960 twin scroll

Wondering does anyone on here have any experiance or knowledge about the M7960 twin scroll for GDB?

is it a proper twin scroll turbo? or does it just have a modified housing to bolt on to the twin scroll manifold.

have tried looking it up on google etc but havint had any luck as some people get confused because they do them in single scroll to.

cheers Kevin

cheers for that.

have been looking all over the place but is the M7760 the only modal you can get in twin scroll for GDB?

i couldn't find a M7960 twin scroll .... the only place i seen was on here in the sponsor section.... 41 automotive , Tomei deals and Mac showed twin scroll M7760, M7960 , M8265 . which are the 3 different sizes available for the single scrolls. it was the same picture shown in the single scroll section so it might be a mistake.I have looked on Tomei japan site and they only have M7760 as well.

can anyone confirm if the M7760 is the only size available for T/S GDB

anyone know if a TD07 twin scoll would fit (bolt on) ? those's ones that guy was selling on here a couple of weeks ago for $700 for 2 if anyone seen it.

well considering they are off a 8l mitsi truck, im going to say no, the flange is almost like a t3t4 and there is so way in hell that its going to fit into the same place, u will need to be doing a custom downpipe and uppipe. They arent even close the to factory size

boon']

Are we really doing all this again? What about the HKS twin scroll you were going to get for your old one?

yeah i guess thats an option but i think im liking the idea to keep it standard ish and go with Vorigan's idea to just fit a larger compressor wheel to my vf36. i mean $2500 for a tomei m7760 which is only slightly bigger than my vf36 doesnt seem worth it to me. as ive found that they dont do the m7960.

[quote name='marc said:

My apexi works good :D

what apexi turbo would that be ? is it twin scroll?

Right, I just sacrificed 15 minutes of my life for you Kevin. Hurry up and make a decision and spend some money, and for God's sake stop with the procrastinating and questions.

Here are the Photoshop overlays of the compressor maps that I used to decide on the turbo for my own car. The red lines are calculated for my V7 STi engine, which has equal length 4-2-1 headers similar to factory twin scroll. Of course, these are only estimates, but it's a very useful tool nonetheless.

To my knowledge, there are no VF36 maps around on the internet, although Vorigan may know of some. All flows on the horizontal axis are in cubic feet per minute. Broadly speaking, more air flow = burn more petrol per minute = more power.

VF22

CompressormapVF22.jpg

M7760

CompressormapM7760.jpg

TD06 20G

CompressormapTD0620G.jpg

GT3071 (like Funky's)

CompressormapGT3071R.jpg

The VF36 will definitely get on boost faster than a VF22, but because it's a similar size it won't outflow one. At 1.5bar (pressure ratio 2.5), the VF22 will be out of puff by 6000RPM. The TD06 20G and M7760 will produce flow all the way to redline, but you can see that the M7760 will spool a little bit faster.

Simon C']

. Hurry up and make a decision and spend some money, and for God's sake stop with the procrastinating and questions.

i have made decisions and im not procrastinating , im just on my final decision with the turbo just seeing what options are out there. just hurrying up and spending some money without any thought isn't very smart i want to do it once and do it right. i would like my vf36 with a larger compressor wheel which ive been talk to vorigan about if its going to cost close to the tomei turbo then i might as well buy that. also waiting on Mac's reply about the m7760 twin scroll see how much its going to cost as DSR on trademe only do single scroll. so thats my decision. i appreciate the pictures though man thanks for your time :) ..... though i really dont know that much depth about turbos yet so looking other that was like trying to read another language haha :-[ but much appreciated and big thanks for going out of your way. top man.

quote name=dacerx]

Yeah this thread is repetitive

sorry if it seems that way but im just listening to the different options out there and if they sound good im considering them and just asking questions as im trying to figure out a turbo option. right now my best options by the sounds of it is to fit a larger compressor wheel in my vf36 from Vorigan. hopfully the price isnt close to the tomei m7760 otherwise im better of with paying the extra for the tomei. and subout has also showed me the sc46 billit turbo. which seems like a very nice turbo and clams its a lot better than the tomei. thats in consideration if its cheaper than the Tomei. just waiting on prices! .....

[quote name='vorigan said:

ah ha ya um ok those maps look fantastic.........

yeah just waiting for your PM. then i will know what path to take .