Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2002 RS30 exhaust system

walshmaine

hi all

I've been trying to shop around for an exhaust system for my RS30 (2002 model), but I'm getting mixed messages.

Some placed I've talked to say you can't put an exhaust system on them, some say you can?

Anyone have an idea whether I can or can't

As for what I'm trying to do, I was looking at a 3" exhaust system, basically to join onto where the extractors merge into one under the car (sorry if terms are wrong)

any help is much appreciated

Cant stick an aftermarket exhaust on a RS30? What are they talking about? ???

The RS30 uses the same BE chassis as its RSK and RS siblings, so I would think the exhaust layout would be indentical. If you just after a bit more sound your best bet would be to pick up a second hand Japanese designed for a B4 RSK and fit that. If your are wanting to change the mid pipe then you may need to go custom as most brands just design exhausts for the turbo system. Keep in mind the EZ30D will probably have factory equal length headers on it so wont get the full rumble.

Thanks for the reply

Yea, I thought it was strange that I couldn't fit an aftermarket exhaust?

My subie mechanic didn't seem think there'd be an issue, but when shopping around other places... things got confusing.

My reason for the upgrade is that I'm hoping for a performance increase from her. I've read around on these forums regarding the equal/unequal headers and the "rumble", but I'm not too fussed. To be honest, I've never heard an RS30 (or any 6 cylinder subie) with an exhaust system, so I'm quite curious.

Does anyone have any recommendations in brands?

I've read of Greedy, Borla, Rage & HKS, but for my car, I'd probably be only able to fine something second hand…any thoughts

well you cant get a exhaust off the shelf for an EZ30D no one makes them, if you wanted to get one it would have to be custom or modifing something to make it work. Yes it shares the same chassis as the B4 but it was a 6 cyclinder motor with has a single exhaust port on each head and then goes under the subframe. I have the same issue with my ez30 so im just using factory heads (restrictive) and then modifying a tubro exhaust (downpipe back) to suit, its not going to be pretty but its going to work. Talk to Audiocraft and ask him what he has done with his GT30 basically the same but a wagon

Above vid is for an ez30r not the d thay have different extractors

thanks for the info :)

I've been doing some more ringing around and google'ing.

I don't think Redline Performance is going to be able to help me (due to young guy I was talking to there). He told me to check eBay.

I read some where on these forums about Al's mufflers, they seem to do custom work but I'm not sure about that yet.

A cousin mentioned Scarles Performance, though I don't see any mention of brands there. Anyone dealt with them?

Also, I though about going into Pitstop, but (once again) spoke to some young guy who didn't fill me with confidence (sounded a bit retarded/not interested), but has anyone dealt with them too?

Are brands important? I realize if its cheap, then you get what you pay for, but would something around $700-$800 be considered cheap? I don't particularly want to spend 2K or more on it as the missis would kill me