Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

link g4 air temp sensor

tez n u

Hey guys just wondering how this gets wired in, can we use the factory intake temp sensor plug in the v6 sti to wire in the aftermarket air temp sensor for the link g4? Do we need to do something else wiring wise to make it work? Also what color plug is for the intake temp sensor as on my car the sensor and afm was removed when i bought it as it was running a possum link ecu :) I can see the afm plug but dunno which plug is used for the temp sensor ???

Johnnynz said:

Are we talking an accessory sensor here or is this a sensor you need to run the G4?

Its not needed to run the g4 as im currently driving my car around with no air temp sensor but its more of a safety feature :) , i have already bought a air temp sensor from torque and having it fitted to my intercooler pipe tomorow, hopefully we get it sorted by wednesday :-[

Johnnynz said:

Is it so you can set a fail safe or something to turn the boost down if things get a bit hot?

Is it needed to remove AFM?

I run a blitz boost controller so it cannot turn boost down unless you run a link boost control system which is controlled by the ecu, it will pretty much retard timing if intake temps get a bit hot

Johnnynz said:

Is it so you can set a fail safe or something to turn the boost down if things get a bit hot?

Is it needed to remove AFM?

It sort of fine tunes your tune depending on the intake temp, keeps it running smoothly with big temp changes. temp sensor goes after the intercooler just before the throttle body, one of big differences over the possum link

U can do it without the expansion loom. I did it that way but yeah easier just to spend 50 and do it the easy way lol. I soldered a jumper on the underside of the board to the purge solinoid trigger pin on the header then used the factory wiring in the engine bay. (custom fuel setup so no charcole canister) Saved me running extra wires thru the fire wall and buying a loom but wouldnt reccomend it to a random person lol.