Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2006 Lecacy B4 sti Manual Modifications

Dave88

Hi there,

new to this forum but have a 2006 Legacy B4 Manual STI (suspension and cosmetic upgrades no engine upgrades).

Recently took car in for some modifications (will list below) including a tune and its come back and I swear it feels pretty much the same power or less than what it was before which I believe to be 280ps at the engine unless mistaken? After the tune it came back with a power figure of 132Kw atw (240ish at the engine) which to me seemed way too low).

So basically want/need some advice as to wtf might have gone wrong as went to well known people to get the work done.

Modifications:

New top mount intercooler (thing is huge maybe too big?)

HKS blow off valve

HKS boost controller

Sard fuel pump and pressure

Full downpipe and exhaust (Dual muffler)

that is quite low. They are about 190 engine kw from factory. which is about 140-5 atw. I dunno how you work out 132 = 240 though.

Welcome along to the forum though. Sounds like your B4 sadly isnt a 'real STI' just been badged so. Does it have brembo brakes or not?

you haven't really put on any mods that make real power - whats the boost been set at for the dyno? I would assume you see its spooling better than it was?

What gas do you use in it.

Id still expect to see around 140-150wkw with a flash on 98 gas and around 16-17psi.

the standard B4 and legacies of that era on have around 140wkw from factory. not 180wkw as per WRX STI's of the same era.

where was it tuned out of interest?

Was Tuned at STHITEC on Sylvia park road. boost controller comes up with max value of 14.3PSI when i last looked and the tuner said they tried higher but the turbo couldn't handle it or something. Forgot one more mod just an HKS filter in the standard air box as they recommended leaving it in over POD filter. I'm pretty new to tuning cars so a bit clueless in some respects but just know that with everything done and its now a bit slower if anything apart from the earlier spool time.

at that level of boost your result sounds about right. you should note the twin scroll turbo in the Legacies are a bit smaller than those in the STI's. (but bigger than the WRX ones). Im not suprised your turbo doesnt like more boost.

You still haven't told me what fuel you've had it turned on, 91, 95 or 98?

You're car might 'feel' slower as its coming on boost faster and then coming off boost up top (crashing faster) rather than actually being a bit slower. It might also just be smoother than it was rather than ramping so fast.

Lots of things are possible. Get the Dyno plots of before and after for us to see, im pretty sure they should have given you those.

Simon C said:

Did Soichi do your tune? He's one of the best guys out there, although much better known amongst Nissan circles for his work on RB and SR engines. Also, his dyno is known to be lower reading.

I would say his dyno reads about right.. i had mine tuned on soichis... then stuck it on torque performance dyno and it read about 15kw less...

from the mods made at least 15-20kw is expected

standard will be about 140-150kw so expecting at least 165-180kw form the work done

didnt they do a before and after dyno run???

thats pretty much all the stage 1 mods andc a bit more

as a comparison, on a v7 sti same mods will easily give u closer to 30-40kw gain (personally tuned many with that sorta gains with less listed mods u have)

No as the fabrication work and dyno were done in two separate places Spec 2 then STHITEC for tune.

Guy at STHITEC thought there might be issue with the intercooler, anyway car is back in shop so they can figure it out so fingers crossed as not too happy atm