Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Muffler/exhaust options

BlkPnthr

So unfortunately still need to buy a new muffler despite the generosity of Swindog.

Essentially i'm after what everyone wants, the subaru rumble for my 2002 BH5. Current muffler is Kakimoto, but is a bit poked, and no longer has any packing in it. First option would be to re-pack it - but i don't know if that is practically possible? Two exhaust guys that saw it didn't mention anything about that, they just suggested new mufflers.

Second is obviously a new muffler. Any thoughts on this sort of thing? http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/?action=products&part=17800

Third is finding something cheap on TM, muffler or full exhaust, but other than potentially cheap crap, i can't see much to suit my car.

Bright ideas?

Oh, and budget doesn't stretch far unfortunately, not at the moment anyway. So options less than $500 would be great, much much less would be better

Yep thats pissed me off and i feel stink giving you a bung muffler. We can swap them back no worries though.

I have been looking and found these - http://scarles.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=54

will need some minor welding to fit the hangers and stuff onto that pipe however.

Not sure if the xforce is the better one for quality though?

Certainly an option.

They have a couple others -

http://scarles.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=52

http://scarles.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=53

http://scarles.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=365

• Admin

not sure on price, but Borla are a club sponsor. and they do a "Thumper" which sounds nice and is legal as long as you dont play with the rest of the exhaust much.

Failing that, you could buy my stock BH5 one, has the twin inlets with the electrical bit that changes flow rate, dont know anything about it my self, but the idea of it is cool...

Neither.

The xforce requires the welding aswell as the cheaper ones. Xforce may look better maybe? The cheaper ones are only 100mm bodys OD and the Xforce is 5.75 inchs so almost 150mm which is close to the kakimoto at the moment.

Ray...he just took his off which is now on my BH and i swapped him the kakimoto...which is toast, which i didnt know and hence here we are :)

RAYDEO said:

not sure on price, but Borla are a club sponsor. and they do a "Thumper" which sounds nice and is legal as long as you dont play with the rest of the exhaust much.

Failing that, you could buy my stock BH5 one, has the twin inlets with the electrical bit that changes flow rate, dont know anything about it my self, but the idea of it is cool...

The Borlas are $350, well the Thumper is anyway. So unless there's a reason why they're a shitload better, probably the original options are more feasible. Thanks for the suggestion though. And yeah, i just gave up my factory exhaust to try and get the rumble going, so looking at options to maintain that before resorting to stock again

I think the Xforce might be the way to go mate. Good price. With my HKS being stuffed I think i might head that way too.

Spoke with a few guys I know and all two of them saying chuck the kaki. They make the outside stainless but the inside steel. The perforated plate rusts and gets blown out and takes the packing with it.

Maybe that stuff was metal and not carbon?

Swindog said:

I think the Xforce might be the way to go mate. Good price. With my HKS being stuffed I think i might head that way too.

Spoke with a few guys I know and all two of them saying chuck the kaki. They make the outside stainless but the inside steel. The perforated plate rusts and gets blown out and takes the packing with it.

Maybe that stuff was metal and not carbon?

Lol, could have been.

Want me to check on price and delivery for two then?

Man that is cheap.

Im just about to sell a couple things as we speak so what ever you do I think ill get one of those xforces as a back up incase the wrx fails a wof on the bung exhaust.

Either way Ill take your factory muffler cos the kaki sounds like a throw away.

Sequence']

From where?! You got one? Or know where to get one... sounds remarkably cheap!

I have a source ;D Will enquire for you Mate

Mint, thanks :)

[quote name='Swindog said:

Man that is cheap.

Im just about to sell a couple things as we speak so what ever you do I think ill get one of those xforces as a back up incase the wrx fails a wof on the bung exhaust.

Either way Ill take your factory muffler cos the kaki sounds like a throw away.

Will check on the above offer, and then if that doesn't work out will try the xforce too

Sequence']

[quote name='BlkPnthr said:

Does look good, is that on your car? I'm definitely interested

/quote]

That photo is from my last RA, But have just had the exact thing stuck on my new car

Sweet, let me know how you get on. Appreciate the help!

Despite the website saying they're in stock, those xforce mufflers aren't available for 8weeks apparently! Waiting to hear on shipping costs too, apparently costs the same for one or two