Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Back to the bloody s14 again!

Caleb 895/1000

Took gearbox out for repair, Put it back in and the thrust bearing was not connected to the clutch fork, I put it place, by going off my mates datsun gearbox, The clutch has been bled, but the pedal just hits the floor and stays there, the clutch fork is not engaging the slave cyclinder... Is there a certain way to attach the thrust bearing? It feels like it was done right, but i cannot be positive?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

have you bled the damper box AND the slave cylinder? There tends to be a lot of air trapped in the damper box (IMO its a mod to remove the damper box all together and makes bleeding way easier). Its bolted near the drivers side chassis rail.. a small metal "T" thing with 3 flare nuts going into it and a bleed nipple.

There's a wee spring clip that holds the bearing carrier to the fork and there's another one that holds the fork to the pivot arm.. Thats pretty much all there is too it.

Caleb 895/1000 said:

Took gearbox out for repair, Put it back in and the thrust bearing was not connected to the clutch fork, I put it place, by going off my mates datsun gearbox, The clutch has been bled, but the pedal just hits the floor and stays there, the clutch fork is not engaging the slave cyclinder... Is there a certain way to attach the thrust bearing? It feels like it was done right, but i cannot be positive?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I have just done my one aswell on the 14 and my clutch fork sits HARD up against the gearbox (engine side). when I intaially noticed it I ripped it back out and checked it all out.

There is like a steel clip that sits around the thrust bearing that has two little steel prongs that come out of it- the steel prongs go on eaither side of the clutch fork to hold the bearing to it. - Make sure you put this on right as mine wasnt. Although now the box is back together the fork is still hard against the box.. Ill just have to wait and find out about the rest.

There is also a little nub that the fork uses to pivot on. there should be a steel wire inside the clutch fork that holds the fork onto the "nub"- and don't fiddle witht he nub bit eaither- I have had to fix a few broken ones in my time lol

This is why i love clubsub, you guys go out of your way to help!!!!

I have just done my one aswell on the 14 and my clutch fork sits HARD up against the gearbox (engine side). when I intaially noticed it I ripped it back out and checked it all out.

There is like a steel clip that sits around the thrust bearing that has two little steel prongs that come out of it- the steel prongs go on eaither side of the clutch fork to hold the bearing to it. - Make sure you put this on right as mine wasnt. Although now the box is back together the fork is still hard against the box.. Ill just have to wait and find out about the rest.

There is also a little nub that the fork uses to pivot on. there should be a steel wire inside the clutch fork that holds the fork onto the "nub"- and don't fiddle witht he nub bit eaither- I have had to fix a few broken ones in my time lol

Ok so by the sounds of it i had done it right, the only thing that may be an issue is that clip that holds the thrust bearing to the clutch fork, im sure she was on there good, BUT it did slide abit.

As to the bleeding, I bled from the cyclinde and that other bleed valve, i assume you mean the only other 1 there was around there? It has that T thing you are talking about and on the end oppisite the nipple was quite a thick metal hose that only went to that valve. Thats my best explination lol, Both nipples were bled until there was a constant drip of fluid from them, so in my extremly untrained opionion that means there is no air in the lines?

So im in Antartica ATM but when i get back i guess im going to have to take the gearbox back out! Ill be a pro at it by the end of it, I dont want to stoop down and pay some1 to do it, id like to do it myself but i think i might have done it right but it just doesnt like me