Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

96 250T manual conversion issues.

dilly

Hey guys, I have recently put a manual box etc into my auto 250t, all went well untill I tried finding an ECU pinout (U9 ECU) so I could ground the nuetral switch so It thinks its in nuetral so it will start. After extensive searching I have found out pinouts for this ecu almost dont exist. >:(

I have found 4-5 pinouts with same plug BUT they are for different engines and the pinouts all vary alot. And ones in japanese :(

Im at the point where im gonna need to trace wires back from A/T harness the only problem, I dont know how to use a volt meter.

Anyone have any Ideas or suggestions to help?

Also, If you do know how to fix the issue im happy to pay. :)

Im based on the North shore, auckland.

The nuetral switch is located at the back of the transmission (inside). I have already grounded the steering lock switch(by the lever). The biggest problem is beacause the transmission is obviously not pluged in the tcu isnt getting power so the lights on the dash (PNRD123) dont light up as theres no power/signal. If I can find the correct wire at the ecu I can ground it so it gets 5v and it will then think its in nuetral.

Is the 250t automatic trans loom wiring the same as the turbo model legacy? or even n/a 2.0l + 2.2l

Im pretty sure i can splice the neutral switch wire together there to permanantly complete the circut.

To be fair, I have no idea what im doing really haha :-[ It took a night to do the full mechanical conversion and its gonna take a week to start the car HAHA! ;D

madmike said:

Oh i see... Just wire out the park switch. No need to go poking around in the ecu wiring

Dont make it harder than it needs to be dude.

So just cut wires and join them to 'delete/bypass' the park switch?

Have I really over thought it this much :-[

I will try tonight. Thanks heaps in advance.

you can do what we did( pretty rangi but it worked)

On the side of the Auto box where the wiring loom plugs in is a quarter round looking device, this is the unit which tells the ecu which gear it is in, this is easily removed from the box, then all you need to do is plug the loom back into it move the centre portion until the correct gear in indicated on the dash display. cable tie the unit under the bonnet some where, job done :)

this was on a 93 GT but it should work for you as well

We are borg said:

you can do what we did( pretty rangi but it worked)

On the side of the Auto box where the wiring loom plugs in is a quarter round looking device, this is the unit which tells the ecu which gear it is in, this is easily removed from the box, then all you need to do is plug the loom back into it move the centre portion until the correct gear in indicated on the dash display. cable tie the unit under the bonnet some where, job done :)

this was on a 93 GT but it should work for you as well

Ended up doing exactly this after a bit of troubleshooting cause it still wouldn't start >:(

I did notice the dash lights dimmed when I did try crank it which obviously ment the battery was under load. Ended up having a shot starter solinoid aswell!

I will try (once again) to start it tonight.. it should go tho >:( ;D

Thanks for the help guys :) Ill let you know how it goes.